View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
lsutygr
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutygr View Post
I wouldn't say that I am desperate to lose weight, but I want to lose weight. I'm currently 5'5, 164lbs, but looking at me you wouldn't realize I weigh "that much". I'm pretty athletic and work out at least 5 days a week and started running about a month ago and I run probably 12-15miles a week. I've done 2 5K's this month and am registered for one more at the end of the month. I started working out in Jan. 10 doing a crossfit class (think P90x/insanity) and I've gone down from a 14 to a 10/8. Everyone (self included) can tell that I've toned up and put on some muscle which I have, but I'd like to see the scale # go down as well.

I've tried to start eating better which I know will really do the trick since I am so active, but it's hard to find quick healthy meals to cook and I'm not a big cooker to begin with so I almost would rather a meal plan of sorts that is boring so I can know what to expect day in and day out. Right now I'm having oatmeal for breakfast, cheese stick or fruit as a snack, salad w/chicken for lunch (or tuna fish), fruit as a snack, powerbar after I work out and then dinner. I'm not a big fan of chicken breast so I rarely eat them as dinner meals.

I'd like to lose I guess 20-25lbs between now and March. Only problem is I'm about to have a minor surgery that is going to keep me out of the gym or from hitting the pavement for probably 3-4wks so I really have to watch what I eat so that I don't gain any weight. This is my first day on fitday and I plan to post in here the progress up and down so I'm wishing everyone well on their journey to get fit!
Weighed in this am at 162
lsutygr is offline   Reply With Quote