View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
meganspurr
FitDay Member

This morning I added a handful of spinach, just one piece of steamed cauliflower and one scoop of protein powder along with the Orange Juice, yogurt, banana and frozen berries.

Good news is, my husband still drank it! The protein powder made it a TON thicker than I expected (especially since I only put in half of a serving), and the cauliflower was definitely noticeable. I don't think either of us could taste the spinach though! (Well, my husband thinks he could, but I didn't tell him I put in cauliflower - sometimes I have to sneak in veggies before he will accept that he will like them. I know he isn't a child, but if he had his way, we would eat steak and potatoes and not eat anything green unless it was 14% alcohol by volume).

I think tomorrow I’ll cut out the cauliflower, keep the spinach and the protein powder.

Another related question - have any of you used carrots in a smoothie? I'm not sure if my blender could handle a raw baby carrot, or if maybe I should use shredded, or steam the baby carrots first?

Thoughts? Thank you everyone
meganspurr is offline   Reply With Quote