Thread: Plateau?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

Michael,

Good job on your weight loss so far! Going from 60s to 48s is no small feat.

I'm a big believer in doing small things that add up to a big result. One thing I noticed was you have a cheat every day right? You might try spacing those out slowly, i.e., every other day or so. That in itself will cut your cheat calories in half over the course of the week. Considering each ice cream sandwich is around 150-200 kcal you'd be saving between 500-800 extra calories a week just eating one every other day.

It's probably a good place to start on reducing your calories further.

Wrt lifting, if you've got shoulder issues I'd hold off on pressing movements for a while and concentrating on pulling (lat pulldowns, rowing, upright rows) and strengthening the upper back and middle shoulders. This will give your shoulder girdle more support from the opposing muscles when you eventually get to the pressing. 2-3 weeks no pressing should be long enough.

Good luck with your future progress

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).

Last edited by tandoorichicken; 10-16-2010 at 11:33 PM.