View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
zootnarf
FitDay Member

Send a message via AIM to zootnarf

I don't know your story or your stats, but I'm wondering if it might be healthier for you to concentrate on maintaining where you are at and working on developing a healthy relationship with food? It's so easy to get caught up in the "if I only lost xx pounds, then I would be happy with myself" mentality, especially if you have a history of eating disorders. Will losing 5 pounds really make you happy with yourself or will you just have to lose another 5 pounds to *really* be happy? aAnd so on and so on... Truly learning what a "maintenance diet" is for you, and how you should be eating to maintain a healthy body is one of the most important things you can do to develop a healthy relationship with food instead of always focusing on weight loss.

Again, I don't really know where you are coming from weight-wise, but I think everyone can benefit from practicing eating "normally" to maintain your weight in a healthy way. Most importantly, you are a wonderful and beautiful person just the way you are, no matter what you think you see in the mirror. You deserve love and respect from everyone, including yourself!

Best wishes on your journey.

Edited to add: I hope this didn't come off as being judgmental. I was just worried when I saw your title "Recovering from Eating Disorder" and that you wanted to lose weight. I completely applaud your commitment to getting away from the unhealthy habits and fully support that idea!
Goal weight #1: 150 lbs (healthy BMI range) reached 4/25/11

Last edited by zootnarf; 10-10-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Edited for clarification
zootnarf is offline   Reply With Quote