View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

From my experience it helps to pay attention to your calorie pie, calorie counting is important, but if you're working out like crazy then you also need to make sure you get enough protein to benefit from the workouts. Your body can't build muscle without the proper nutrition, and the more lean muscle mass you have, the more efficient your body is at burning fat. Having said that I can tell you that different people have different opinions on what the right percentage of protein is, and since we are all different it makes sense that there is more than one right answer. I shoot for my protein intake to be 30-40% of my calories, and struggle to keep my carbs below 50%.

I would also recommend that you drink lots of water, 64 oz baseline + another 8 oz for every 10 pounds you want to lose. I think 14 pounds by 12/1 is doable, it's 2 pounds/week, but I also think it's going to take some serious dedication on your part to make it. I would recommend that until 12/1 you don't cheat (not even on the weekends), abstain from alcohol and white foods (white flour, white rice and white potatoes) and make sure you get plenty of rest and water water water. You might also want to limit sodium, but that varies person to person.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote