Is my goal weight too low? >

Is my goal weight too low?

Community
Notices

Is my goal weight too low?

Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
I am curious to know how tall WeightlossBoo is (if you are comfortable sharing) so I could get a image of a woman at that height and the weights we have been discussing. But in the end it all comes down to what you want your body to look like and what you are comfortable with.
Heya, I'm 5'7.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

I wanted to share a picture I found just for reference. She is 5'-7", 142 lbs and 20% bodyfat and 47 years old.

Hope this helps you with setting your goal!
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FavoriteGirl
I am in my early twenties, female, 5'4", 140lbs which puts me on the high end of the healthy BMI.. BUT, I fit comfortably in size 4 clothing.
I'm 5' 2.5". The smallest size I've ever worn in my adult life is 7/8, and that was when I weighed 105 pounds (which is bordering on underweight) . My pre-fat weight was usually between 120 and 125, and I wore a 9/10. Whenever I got up to 130, I'd have to change to 11/12's. (I'm 145-ish now, but haven't worn standard women's sizes for years. I wear size large yoga pants. Nothing else fits.)

I remember a friend in high school saying, "No one our age should wear a size larger than a 7!" (this was back before it was the norm for teenagers to be overweight)

It just goes to show you, it really depends on how each person carries their weight. I don't think it would be physically possible for me to fit into a size 4 unless I was dangerously underweight.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:45 PM
FitDay Member

Why not forget about stats - BMI, fat percentage etc etc and just look in the mirror in your underwear and see if you are happy with what you see?