View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
ibsgirl7
FitDay Member

Hey there,

I just started a modified detox diet... a natural and organic one. I'm cutting out meat, dairy, preservatives, wheat, caffeine and trying to eat more raw fruits and vegetables. I eat gluten free pasta and crackers with rice cakes for snacks. In my diet you are allowed to steam your vegetables, make smoothies from your fruit and eat homemade soups and chili's too. It recommends lots of water with lemon squeezed in it and caffeine free herbal teas especially peppermint and chamomile. If you don't want to use supplements, which I didn't... are you okay with taking vitamins? Some vitamins can help with detoxing and if not these then there's certain herbal teas that help with certain things. Message me if you want to buddy up with the detox diet. Just to warn you but not scare you... today I was very ill as it's my first day so I would encourage you to make small changes over a long period of time... for instance I decided to start eating new foods and drink more water and eat more vegetables and fruit and then in the next few weeks I will pick a restriction to add each week and hopefully I won't be as sick. Good luck though!
ibsgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote