View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
dan-anderson
FitDay Member

I'm doing kind of a very low-carb deal - which is working awesome for me (which really matters more to me then the science or politics of it.)

I'm not sure I would say this is necessarily "healthy", but I feel good, I am losing weight quickly and my tests all come back either normal or better then normal at their last check.

Breakfast: Kroger "CarbMaster" "Yogurt" with a handfull of walnuts mixed in
Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, handfull of peppers and onions, Tofu Shirataki fettuccini stir-fried in olive oil and spiced with red pepper flakes and garlic
Dinner: Grilled 10 oz Ribeye and a fresh vegetable or salad
Snacks: Green tea, herbal tea, black tea, almonds, string cheese, mint water, jerky or spicy pork rinds.

I also take a whole bunch of vitamins to try and fill in the obvious dietary gaps.

I suppose "healthy" is also relative - this is a whole bunch better then I used to eat.

String cheese, almonds and jerky work well as "on-the-go" snacks - or meals sometimes if I get busy or forget to eat. A string cheese in my desk drawer seems perfectly ok all day without refrigeration.

I pretty much eat the same thing every day - variety is, since I started low-carb, not real important to me.
dan-anderson is offline   Reply With Quote