View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

iq_rider and Cassie; Congratulations to both of you on your success and maintaining!

I think many of us here on Fitday have taken a approach similar to the Zone without calling it that. Ie.. cutting out or restricting processed foods and simple carbohydrates. As Cassie stated, I believe an important part of long term success is to approach this as a lifestyle change and not just a short term diet.

Shelly110 may only need to lose 5lbs. but most of us here started with much heftier (pardon the pun) weight problems and we need a long term solution not just a short term 'diet'. If you think you can return to your old way of eating once you reach your goal you haven't really thought this through. Your old eating habits got you overweight and if you return to them you will become overweight again.

I would encourage everyone to find a approach that works for you and that you can sustain indefinetly. Otherwise you may be one of those that has success and is then back here on Fitday lamenting that all the weight has come back.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote