Notices

What do you put for setting up a fish tank?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Smile What do you put for setting up a fish tank?

What kind of workout would you say to use for setting up a fish tank? I couldn't find one fitting, so I did "fishing and walking".

I took down a 75 gallon saltwater reef aquarium (that is a larger chore than you'd think, lol) and set up a 29 gallon reef aquarium. Carrying large buckets of water, reef rocks, sand, etc. It was very tiresome. I was sweat, head to toe for over an hour.

I am open to suggestions. I could not find an area to modify and add my own exercise, like you can with foods.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Wow....my fish tank was freshwater, but I know what a workout that was! Maybe landscaping? Heavy lifting of some sort?

The moderator had a post on activities quite a while back, said the problem there is an ounce of peanut butter has the same amount of calories no matter who eats it, but a half hour of walking will burn quite a large range of calories depending on the size, intensity, and fitness level of the person doing the activity. As far as I know there's no way to customize the activities aside from fiddling with the time to make the calories match what the gym machine said.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Type in "weight lifting", there are a bunch of options, you might find one that fits.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Great ideas. Thanks.