Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me >

Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me

Notices

Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me

Old 09-06-2010, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Desperate to Lose! Need support anyone care to join me

Hi,
I'm desparate to lose weight, I get a surge of motivation every few months but lose this as soon as I begin to see any kind of results (mad i know). I would like to start a support thread where we do a regular check in and be honest about success/failure in the hope that this will make me more accountable and stay on track. Anyone care to join???

I am a home exerciser with a vast library of dvds and a pretty good fitness level so no excuses realy. I am a veggie so most of my main meals (when properly planed) are healthy but its the snacking between meals thats holding me back. I also love take-outs (indian mostly) about twice a week and enjoy a glass of wine now and then. I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight just need help staying the course.

My current weight is 173lbs
My goal weight is 140lbs
would love to lose 10lbs in the next 4 weeks before going on holiday.

Have done no exercise today, trying to talk myself into it but I'm nursing a hang over so its unlikely today. Haven't eaten that badly though.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

We are all here for the same reason... Get and give support so that we stay on track!
Don't wait, get started today, enter all your food in fitday and come here for support!
You can do it, this time will be the one =))
Old 09-07-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Cheers vsabino.

Anyway not that any one cares but i've started so i'll finish this thread. Had a great day today. Ate well within my calorie allowance and had a really good work out, feeling good and positive.

So far so good! xx
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on starting and on your good day. Lots of support here and advice if you want it.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Bettmrr! My name is Erica, I'm 24 and in my second year of law school! I think I kind of lost focus of ME last year during my 1L year and definitely gained weight. I just joined and am at the EXACT same weight as you are and want to get down to around the same 140-145! How tall are you? I am 5'5-5'6 weighing in at 173 (The most I've ever weighed)! I was always an athlete but after 3 knee surgeries (one being right before I started law school) I have definitely gotten lazy - especially the past few months!

I just started doing the special K diet (not because of any reason other then I am horrible at eating in the morning and when I'm busy during the day and then I'll binge at dinner because I'm so hungry by the time I finally eat)! I eat cereal in the morning followed by a snack (usually a piece of fruit or almonds) and have a Special K meal replacement protein bar at lunch, followed by another snack and then dinner! I just started on Wednesday so I hope to get to 145- 150 around Thanksgiving time! Is that realistic? I have no idea about weight loss or dieting - I really have never had to do it but after buying a scale this week and seeing the REAL NUMBER - I decided I needed to STOP being complacent!! I'm a person who enjoys GOOD food, and since I am not working out as hard anymore as I used to playing soccer... I need to be more conscious of what I am eating! I am also shooting to work out 4-5 days a week with at least 2 spinning classes a week!

Did you want to just keep replying to this thread or what?

I look forward to hearing from whoever wants to keep up this thread! Accountability is a big thing when losing weight so we can definitely keep each other in line!!!

-Erica
Old 09-24-2010, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Hello fellow dieters, you might want to check out the Christmas Club, we're all trying to lose 30lbs by the holidays, I think it's called 14 weeks til Christmas, just started a week ago, maybe? We're also working on an album of silly Christmas diddies, but that's optional.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker,

How have you lost so much weight? I can not seem to stay on track at all. I want to lose weight and know i need to but can not seem to find the motovation to make me actually do it. I just joined fitday today and at currently
5'5"
weight 197 lbs
i want to lose about 10 lbs ever 6 weeks. But could really use advice on how to do it.

Thank you in advance!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I wouldn't say that I am desperate to lose weight, but I want to lose weight. I'm currently 5'5, 164lbs, but looking at me you wouldn't realize I weigh "that much". I'm pretty athletic and work out at least 5 days a week and started running about a month ago and I run probably 12-15miles a week. I've done 2 5K's this month and am registered for one more at the end of the month. I started working out in Jan. 10 doing a crossfit class (think P90x/insanity) and I've gone down from a 14 to a 10/8. Everyone (self included) can tell that I've toned up and put on some muscle which I have, but I'd like to see the scale # go down as well.

I've tried to start eating better which I know will really do the trick since I am so active, but it's hard to find quick healthy meals to cook and I'm not a big cooker to begin with so I almost would rather a meal plan of sorts that is boring so I can know what to expect day in and day out. Right now I'm having oatmeal for breakfast, cheese stick or fruit as a snack, salad w/chicken for lunch (or tuna fish), fruit as a snack, powerbar after I work out and then dinner. I'm not a big fan of chicken breast so I rarely eat them as dinner meals.

I'd like to lose I guess 20-25lbs between now and March. Only problem is I'm about to have a minor surgery that is going to keep me out of the gym or from hitting the pavement for probably 3-4wks so I really have to watch what I eat so that I don't gain any weight. This is my first day on fitday and I plan to post in here the progress up and down so I'm wishing everyone well on their journey to get fit!

Last edited by lsutygr; 10-19-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lsutygr
I wouldn't say that I am desperate to lose weight, but I want to lose weight. I'm currently 5'5, 164lbs, but looking at me you wouldn't realize I weigh "that much". I'm pretty athletic and work out at least 5 days a week and started running about a month ago and I run probably 12-15miles a week. I've done 2 5K's this month and am registered for one more at the end of the month. I started working out in Jan. 10 doing a crossfit class (think P90x/insanity) and I've gone down from a 14 to a 10/8. Everyone (self included) can tell that I've toned up and put on some muscle which I have, but I'd like to see the scale # go down as well.

I've tried to start eating better which I know will really do the trick since I am so active, but it's hard to find quick healthy meals to cook and I'm not a big cooker to begin with so I almost would rather a meal plan of sorts that is boring so I can know what to expect day in and day out. Right now I'm having oatmeal for breakfast, cheese stick or fruit as a snack, salad w/chicken for lunch (or tuna fish), fruit as a snack, powerbar after I work out and then dinner. I'm not a big fan of chicken breast so I rarely eat them as dinner meals.

I'd like to lose I guess 20-25lbs between now and March. Only problem is I'm about to have a minor surgery that is going to keep me out of the gym or from hitting the pavement for probably 3-4wks so I really have to watch what I eat so that I don't gain any weight. This is my first day on fitday and I plan to post in here the progress up and down so I'm wishing everyone well on their journey to get fit!
Weighed in this am at 162
Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lsutygr
Weighed in this am at 162
Don't get too hung up on the scale if you have started a good exercise or strength program. If you look better, have lost fat, and are fitter, it doesn't matter that you are the same weight.

Bettmrr, I wish you the best. Just remember to keep the long haul in mind. Shoot for lifestyle changes, not just dieting. I personally like lower carbohydrate (especially low grain or grain free) prescriptions as fats and protein will keep you more full and regulate your insulin levels better, but people find success with different things.

Finding supportive people in real life can also be very helpful. Istygr mentioned CrossFit classes. CrossFit gyms can be expensive but are very community oriented with the members providing a lot of support to each other. Just be prepared to work hard!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.