Thread: Which Type?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

From your post I think you already understand that 'diets' are a short term solution to a long term problem. I, like Lizzycritter, believe in developing a healthy lifestyle that you can follow for the rest of your life. Your diet doesn't have to be perfect, and will sometimes be dictated by things outside your control. During those times strive to minimize the bad food choices and try to provide yourself with healthy alternatives.

Living in a dorm and eating cafeteria food that is heavily skewed toward simple carbohydrates is a real test of your ability to choose the healthier options. Its been a long time since I lived in a dorm but even in those ancient times there was always fruit, vegetables and a salad bar as options to the pasta, potatoes and gravy.

My advice is to stop skipping meals. Keep a protein bar or whey protein shake mix handy for when your schedule is chaotic or the only food choices are french fries and hamburgers. (You can eat alot of healthy fruits, vegetables and eggs before you equal that large order of french fries you avoided.)

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote