View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Schumpeter
FitDay Member

Day 44 -- I have lost alot of weight and need to make sure I am getting enough calories. I am averaging 1400-1600 day with 100g protein and now back up to 80-120 g carbs but all good stuff (whole wheat pasta, salad, dark green vegies, nine-grain bread, fruits).

I eat pretty normally but have gone 7 weeks with no refined sugar whatsoever. I notice that I am more calm and less stressed out. I have also been working out in the mornings with 60 min cardio on the elliptical machine (love the elliptical) and I referee soccer on the weekends. This weekend it was really hot and I had not had enough protein in the morning so was very tired but ate a good dinner and today feel great. Am also drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day.

I will likely make my goal by early October. Now on to core strengenthening!

In six weeks I have lost 27 lbs. I have good metabolism when I eat right so my results should not be considered typical. But the message is, it can be done. Bottom line -- South Beach is great when combined with exercise. I don't miss "bad" foods and feel like I have made a major lifestyle change.

==========================================
Height: 6 ft. 6 in.
Starting Weight: 250 pounds (8-07-2010)
Current Weight: 223.2 pounds (9-20-2010)
Goal: 215 pounds (12-31-10)
Schumpeter is offline   Reply With Quote