Notices

Off to a slow start!

Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Off to a slow start!

Just weighed in after my first week - only .6 pounds lost!! I was angry at first, because I have been good - keeping it to about 1500 calories a day, but then I took my measurements, and I lost an inch on my waist, hips and thighs each! Thats not too bad for one week. I have been doing some great aerobic workouts (streamed on Netflix to my TV), so they must be building some muscle too.

I am sure it also doesn't help that I ate about 4 slices of multigrain garlic bread last night. I LOVE bread! I made the most awesome minestrone, but I could not resist the bread. Which is why I never serve bread with dinner anymore.

Height: 5'5.5"
Starting weight: 180.6
Goal: 135

Note: I realize now that "Success stories" is probably not where I should have posted this. Sorry!

Last edited by ncbennett; 09-09-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Why not? It sounds like a success story for me. One inch less in the first week.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you are off to a fine start. Remember that the scale is not the only measure of success. Eating healthier, exercising more, losing inches, and being more fit are all indicators of success!