Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Still feeling fat after losing 65 pounds :( need support >

Still feeling fat after losing 65 pounds :( need support

Notices

Still feeling fat after losing 65 pounds :( need support

Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Still feeling fat after losing 65 pounds :( need support

well guys ill start by saying in febuary i weighed in at 220 pounds being 5'6 and was very fat and obese, i decided to change my diet completely and eat healthy and i did...now i weigh 155, but now i look in the mirror and stare at my ugly love handles... and feel like im fat agian any tips or support would help...
Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Can I assume from your member name that you are a man? Is the problem that you lack the muscle that would give you the body you desire? Did you lose too much muscle while dieting? If so maybe it is time to look into transforming your body through weight training. It sounds like you are what they call skinny fat over on the Bodybuilding.com site. You may want to check out Bodybuilding.com if you are ready to take your transformation to the next level.
And congratulations on your tremendously succesful weight loss!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Can I assume from your member name that you are a man? Is the problem that you lack the muscle that would give you the body you desire? Did you lose too much muscle while dieting? If so maybe it is time to look into transforming your body through weight training. It sounds like you are what they call skinny fat over on the Bodybuilding.com site. You may want to check out Bodybuilding.com if you are ready to take your transformation to the next level.
And congratulations on your tremendously succesful weight loss!
I agree with Ron, and would like to add that the same advice could reply to a woman as well as a man.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Kyle, congrats on the weight loss. I started at a similar body type about two years ago and now hover between 145-150 lbs. I'd still love to lose another 5-10, but have found it difficult. I, too, still see all the worst parts of my body, even though friends and family rav about how great I look and my bf can't keep his hands off me.

I started doing p90x, and haven't lost any weight on the program, but I have gotten incredibly fit. I can run faster and longer, the workouts get easier, and I can push some serious weight around. I even had someone tell me "you look so fit and healthy" and asked if I do any kind of fitness competitions. So...I guess all I'm saying is agreeing with everyone else. Start doing more weightlifting to build muscle and tone up. You'll be amazed at how your body changes. I'd suggest taking measurements (arms, legs, waist, etc.) and comparing them once a month as you progress.

Stick it out and you'll get there!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hun,

how you feel about yourself has nothing to do with your body shape or weight. I used to hate my belly. Then i saw a movie with this tiny french woman was complaining about her belly to her bf. He said he loved bellies....they are so sexy!

i got to thinking about it. why do we think that bellies aren't sexy? Maybe they are? I started thinking a little belly was kinda cute! Whether it is or not, its me, and I'm kinda cute!! I bet you are too!!

how we feel about ourselves is a key to success on maintaining a healthy weight! And let me tell you that our bodies are busy degenerating...we aren't getting any cuter than we are now! We should appreciate what we have now and learn to love it.

So if you don't really love your love handles...focus on what you do love. I bet you have awesome shoulders! Sexy calves! ;]

You can feel really about YOU!! You have earned it! and you deserve it! I hope you realize it.

:x
Cass
Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

I would have to agree with everyone els get a membership at a gym and start some weight training concentrate on your upper body one day and your lower body the next my trainer told me that losing the weight is first then toning so if you lost the desired weight then congrats. Now you have to really push yourself with the same drive to tone and firm yourself up. good luck.
Kimberly
Old 09-21-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

That is a tremendous weight loss and I am sure you feel healthier! I am with all of the pp's here, especially coastalcass.

We know what you don't love about yourself - I've got love handles as well and I'm at a very healthy BMI and very fit.

Can you tell us 3 things that you love about yourself? We have all been stuck in a place where we speak negatively about ourselves, and that is why most of us are here. The key is to turn that around and look at what is positive about ourselves.