Notices

A new day in my new life...motivation anybody?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up A new day in my new life...motivation anybody?

Hi Everybody...
Yesterday a dear friend of mine, and older men in his 90's (with cancer I might add) told me that I looked really tired and I needed to make better choices.
I don't know if it was his tone, his whole persona but his words resonated with me deeply.
I own a restaurant...that can be a really good thing to loose weight (18 hour shifts standing and working) or a really bad thing... (homemade mac and cheese, desserts etc)
Anyways here I am trying to feel healthy and young again...after those wise but very simple words "you have to make better choices"
It is my second day today and I just wanted to share my story.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

You gotta love those ah-ha moments in life. I've had a couple on this journey, the first one was Christmas morning, I got on the Wii Fit Plus and it said "dunk dunk dunk, that's obese", and then added love handles to my mini Mii. Suddenly it was no longer quite so much fun. The second such moment happened at a funeral. Somehow it just hit home that I want our daughters to be little old ladies at my funeral. I also want to meet my grandchildren and my great grandchildren. There's stuff I gotta make sure they hear firsthand, not the passed down version...

Welcome aboard, and I'm very much hoping that you succeed and maybe even study your menu and find some ways to help make the rest of us healthier too.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Another ah ha

vanessita81: welcome to FD.You will enjoy the threads here, plus the fact that you are off your feet for a few minutes (work) too!

Ah ha for me was one of those 'watch what you pray for' moments. I was complaining out loud and realized I had no motivation and that was my problem and then I started to analyze it and since being fat really was not an issue for me - I knew it had to be something else. Yep, there it came, the ah ha - diabetes. It kick started a whole new lifestyle, learning process and eating style. It is fun, unexpected and challanging.

I hope you enjoy the process and keep that ol' man in mind - good wisdom.

Carren
Old 09-09-2010, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I am basically eating 5 times a days, breakfast, snack, lunch , snack and dinner.
I am following a basically healthy diet, with many good proteins, good fats and lots of veggies, fruits and water. Today I had Cheerios for breakfast with strawberries a banana and mandarin oranges. For a snack I had a fresh squished carrot juice, for lunch I made myself a tomato soup with a poached egg and for dinner I will have a grilled salmon with spinach, and couscous. Basically a fresh, lean diet.

I am nervous and exited at the same time, but this site seems like a good one so far...I never imagined being able to have an additional support system (besides my will) and this forums are great!

Thank you all for listening to my "ah ha moment"

Vanessa