Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check In for 9/7/10 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check In for 9/7/10

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check In for 9/7/10

Old 09-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check In for 9/7/10

Hi Ladies! For those of us who had a holiday, hope you made it through the long weekend. Time to check it in !
Old 09-07-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good Tuesday morning!

I'm stuck bouncing back and forth between 131.5 and 132. At least I'm not jumping up more than that, right?

I had such a good plan for the holiday weekend. I logged my foods in ahead of time, packed veggies and hummus to take, and worked out extra hard before I left. I did fairly well with my eating (yay) but totally failed with alcohol consumption. See, there's this new alcohol infused whipped cream that is absolutely delicious! We played drinking games where shots straight out of the can happened frequently. Yeah. Fun, but not so smart!

Also, I'm sick for the second time in a month. Boo. I'm snotting and coughing and choking just sitting here, so I don't think running is in my immediate future. I'm going to try to go for a walk outside this afternoon just so that I do SOMETHING.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Cassie - How are you doing?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Fletch! Sounds like you're singing my song...I had the "fail" on alcohol with margaritas at the beach, then did the summer cold thing as well. The good news is that "this too shall pass" and you'll be right back on track. Your body is used to a new way now and it will naturally settle back there, just give it time. I think it took me a week to ten days but it was good to give it time instead of just saying, well, I goofed, might as well have M&Ms. Sounds like you had an awesome time and that it was worth it.

This has been a good week. I had to juggle nutrition yesterday in anticipation of 'smores (hey, dark chocolate is good for you, right?) but it worked out okay. It's been a little stressful here; my niece delivered her 2-pound baby on Friday 10 weeks early. They're several states away in Virginia, so the combination of trying to stay in the loop and not feel helpless has been a little emotional. Mine was a preemie, too (almost 14 years ago!), and I had all but forgotten what a roller coaster it was! Both mom and baby are stable at this point but it will be a long ride for them.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Margaritas at the beach? YUM and FUN! =) Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not the only one and that I can get back on track.

Dark chocolate smores also sound yum...good to hear that you planned and prepared in advance! I'll keep your niece and baby in my prayers. Keep us posted!

I was born 2 months early, weighed 2 lbs, and was in the hospital for 2 months, but I turned out okay. =) NICU technology these days is amazing...you're right, it may be a long ride, but I hope and pray that they'll both be okay!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

alcohol infused whip cream?! wow, that sounds delicious and dangerous. your family might be crazier and more fun than mine since you guys were all taking shots out of the can together. too funny. congrats on keeping pretty much stable on your weight!!

cassie, glad to hear your niece and her baby are stable for now. I'll be thinking of them over the next few weeks. congrats on staying on track this week and managing those smores.

I thought i was going to go to WW tonight but I forgot that I had this other event for school that i have to go to and it includes dinner and booze. I'll skip the booze, and hopefully I'll skip the deliciously gooey cookies. I predict the main dish will be this mexican lasagna that is really yummy. My plan: 1 portion, then elliptical after dinner.

Yesterday I bought a scale! it is still in the car in the package. I bought it bc there are just going to be numerous weeks where making this WW meeting might not happen. This might be a really bad move on my part as I'm not sure how I will fare emotionally. It calculates body fat % as well...for whatever it's worth.

Stay strong everyone!!! We can do this!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Julia - Yes, my family is crazy and fun and I love them and every minute spent with them. =) They're not so good for my healthy lifestyle, though!

Sounds like you have a good plan for tonight...log your foods and stick to it, enjoy the event, then work it off afterwards. You can do it!

Having a scale at home is a good idea, I think. I know many people don't agree with daily weighing, but it really keeps me on track. I use FitDay graphs to keep track of overall progress, but daily weigh-ins are motivating for me. I tie my emotions to the number on the scale, so try to avoid that pitfall and you'll be set. =)
Old 09-07-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Infused whipped cream. Yum! Now combine that with the jello shots that I did over the weekend and you've got something there!

So confused with having Monday off... almost forgot that it's Tuesday! Must be a blonde moment. Anyway, glad to be back and accountable again. Had my plate of fruit for breakfast and my homemade marinara sauce is bubbling away in the crock pot for supper with whole wheat pasta and salad.

This weeks goal is to find a substitute for the time spent the past few months on projects. Usually in the fall, when the weather gets cool, I love to get in my kitchen and cook for hours but I have to watch that this time. Hmm... I'm kind of a hyper person; always have to be doing something. I'll have to get creative. If I rip apart one more room my husband will kill me.

Here's to a great week! (And maybe some of that whipped cream...........)

quinn
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone, I am still trying to stick to my lots of fruits and veggies plan, although this weekend had too many gluten free brownies and peanut butter cookies in it, so today I am not feeling all that well. I am back on track today so far. I was finally able to try running again this morning after three weeks of nursing an injured knee. It wasn't impressive, but at least I felt like I got a little cardio in. I just keep plugging along....

Cassie- I will pray for your niece and her baby. I hope they both are doing ok.

Have a good week!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like everyone managed Labor Day weekend without TOO much damage. I get text messages from a nutrition/exercise guru daily and yesterday's went something like "the weekend's over...back to striving for excellent health". Always helpful to get encouraging messages. My weekend was pretty good nutrition-wise. I did bake flourless brownies and enjoyed more than one! Weight has pretty much stablized at 121#. Like Quinn said, cooler weather often signals more time in the kitchen for me, so I'll need to stay close to Fitday to keep from forgetting my priorities.

Hope your niece and her baby are doing well, Cassie!

Gotta run...have a good week all!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Ladies

I am new to this site and forum, just started logging my foods yesterday. I am trying to lose 15 + lbs and am having trouble staying on track. I hope that making myself accountable with the food log helps- plus it is nice to see progress or lack there of on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.