Notices

How long before ?????????

Old 09-05-2010, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Talking How long before ?????????

Ok, On the lighter side of weight loss (Pun intended)
How many pounds did you have to lose before you heard one of the following ?
1)Have you lost weight?
2) You been working out?
3) Something is different about you ?
4) Are you sick?
5) Are you on a diet ?
6)ETC.....

Any humorous answers would be great to read.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

I think it took about 10 lbs before I started to hear #1, 2, and 5. And I loved answering every one with pride!

A funny one was when I traveled to see family after losing about 25 lbs. My uncle said, "I think you left something in NC!" Confused, I asked, "What?" He responded, "About half of you!"

It wasn't really half, but it still made me smile. =)
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

After about 20 pounds I started to hear it. More so from people who haven't seen me in a while.

"OMG, you must have lost weight????!!!"
"You look great!"
Old 09-06-2010, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

I think the first 20 pounds came out of my chin and cheeks, so right away people were saying "YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT". But I was cold most of the winter and spring so I was wearing layers and layers of clothes that were sizes too big for me. Along came summer and I had to go buy clothes that fit me, I had hit maybe the 70 pound mark at that time and the reaction I got from people was hilarious, jaws literally dropping open. I think maybe the funniest reaction was from a woman I haven't seen in maybe 2 years, she shook her finger at me and said "there's something different about you, what is it?". So dry as toast I said "I've lost 80 pounds?". And out of her mouth instantaneously is "No no, that's not it".

I think maybe the best thing about having lost 80+ pounds is that I can look and smell like poo, be running around in filthy holey clothing, my hair in a snarled dirty mess, and still people are like "You look fantastic!!!".

Last edited by almeeker; 09-06-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I think maybe the best thing about having lost 80+ pounds is that I can look and smell like poo, be running around in filthy holey clothing, my hair in a snarled dirty mess, and still people are like "You look fantastic!!!".
That is hilarious, and also amazing. Congratulations on your weight loss!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

OH Wahhh No one is really noticing I have lost 21 pounds except my husband and he says when he hugs me there is less to hug. And I have noticed in my clothes. I bought some that were just a little too snug because I thought it would give me more motivation and I loved the dresses I bought. I have already had to take two dresses in and one before I even got to wear it. So I am happy. The most I notice is in my face and what used to be big time double chin is now sagging wrinkles on my neck. and my arms are starting to sag. That is totally fine with me. Smaller is good. Hoping to tone up eventually.

Maggie
Old 09-11-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey,
Was sitting around Friday night with a few friends and we started talking about weight loss.Low and behold one of them just blurts out "It's obvious that you've lost some weight"
That sure felt nice to hear!And what was even better was how collectively they all showed support for my efforts.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

About 25 lbs and a new set of scrubs is where I started to hear it. I'm also able to wear my hair up at work now, I've been growing it out. A lot more people are noticing now that my hair is up. No more double chin and I have cheekbones again . The dark circles are worse now that my face is thinner, genetics are to blame for that-deep set Irish eyes. And the upper arms are a little flabby but that's OK because my sleeves aren't too tight anymore.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
About 25 lbs and a new set of scrubs is where I started to hear it. I'm also able to wear my hair up at work now, I've been growing it out. A lot more people are noticing now that my hair is up. No more double chin and I have cheekbones again . The dark circles are worse now that my face is thinner, genetics are to blame for that-deep set Irish eyes. And the upper arms are a little flabby but that's OK because my sleeves aren't too tight anymore.
Good grief we are related. That was one negative thing for me and losing weight was the dark circles under my very Irish eyes. But a trip to Florida and some nice summer color has fixed it for the moment. My arms got pretty flabby too, but I've been going to OT for my shoulder, which has actually made quite a difference in my upper body, and the extra muscle is taking up the slack, as it were...
Old 09-17-2010, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default I just got started a couple of weeks ago...

Hi everyone! I just found this site a couple of weeks ago...decided I was going to get healthy. I am NOT dieting....I am making a permanent change....
I have decided to be conscious of what goes in my mouth, be honest with myself about it, and never look back. I have lost 8 pounds so far...
I know the loss will slow down...and that's fine. I really don't want to lose more than 1 pound at the most per week. I want to do this SLOWLY...
because I will NOT go back to where I was.

I'm so glad I found fit day...it is an awesome tool!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.