Notices

A Challenge

Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb A Challenge

I'm thinking of really pushing myself to pull an 8 week challenge. Since Ramadan has started here in Turkey I feel I really slacked off with exercise, and sticking to proper nutrition. I've grown super lazy to say the least! I really need a kick in the rear to get myself back in gear, and I think a self-challenge will really get me going again, and possibly help get off those pound I should have been losing this past few weeks.

I'm planning on pushing myself to walk at least 5 nights a week 4 miles (I live in a mountainous area so that's intense) And mixing up some Palates with Strength Training maybe 5 days a week as well. No Sugars, No bread, Minimal oils. (I only allow 1 small glass of cola on Mondays) I also must increase my water intake.

My goal is to lose a minimum of 2lbs a week for 8 weeks.

Anyone else up for the challenge??

I will be weighing in every Monday (Must buy that scale! )

My starting weight is 170lbs-My goal is to lose a minimum of 16lbs in 8 weeks.

Who's up for it?!?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Love the idea of a challenge!

Hi Crimpet!

I'm with you on this one!
When I first started out as a member on FitDay I did really well, but I gradually let go and gained pretty much everything back. I'm hoping that a challenge might be a good way to re-kick-start my weight loss journey. I thus vow to the following:
- walk 5 nights a week
- do some sort of cardio at least 3 times a week
- drink more water (and no alcohol)
- lose about 1 lb per week

Weight-In on Mondays sounds good to me. Today I start with 129 lbs, my goal weight is 115 lbs. I would love to be down at 120 lbs by the end of this challenge.

Best wishes,

Molly
Old 08-30-2010, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Fantastic Molly! We can do this!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in...
Monday's weigh ins?
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Me to! Count me in! I'd love to do a challenge! 8 weeks, huh?

My vow: Remain sugar free for the duration of 8 weeks. Stick to my 40% raw diet (would like to be 100%, but noooot yet!), and keep my gym appointments. I would also like to lose two pounds per week and being that I am over 200 lbs this should be doable, right?

- I vow to keep my gym appointments and do what my trainer tells me. Which usually works out to four cardio sessions and two weight lifting sessions.
- Drill my shimmies. Not only do I need to do this, it's just down right fun. (I'm a belly dancer who's been retired for a little bit.)

If I do good, I'll be down 16 whole pounds by the end.

Today, I start with 230. When this is finished, I should be 214.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Happy to see You all! I say Monday weigh ins because I realized with myself that if I weigh in on a friday and lost weight I tend to let myself slip over the weekend with the excuse 'I'll just get back on track on Monday' Weekends are my pitfall because it's the time to relax, when a workweek is usually seen as workout time. So...Monday weigh ins! Won't allow myself to slack on a weekend. Purely psychological for me lol I figured it was a descent idea lol

FoodJunki I also use to bellydance, and I use to love it! I'm too shy now to shake it in front of my husband though lol I guess I should build up the nerve because it is really a fabulous workout for the entire body!!

We're all gonna rock this challenge!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Crimpet
FoodJunki I also use to bellydance, and I use to love it! I'm too shy now to shake it in front of my husband though lol I guess I should build up the nerve because it is really a fabulous workout for the entire body!!

We're all gonna rock this challenge!!!
My ultimate goal is to get back into performing again. Some ladies do perform at heavy weights and I commend them for their grace and confidence, but I just don't have it. I feel miserable at this weight and no way would I perform! Here's to getting back into my costumes and performing again.

Maybe you could try a belly dance fitness DVD?

Hope every one has a great day. Good luck!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

How are you ladies doing on your challenge?? I'm excited to hear!

Just a few days in and I'm feeling good, but I slacked on walking yesteday (tsk tsk on me!) I intend to make it up this weekend, but at least I stuck to calisthenics and strength training =D I even managed to skip my cola this monday because it tasted wierd after not drinking it for a week.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Crimpet
How are you ladies doing on your challenge?? I'm excited to hear!

Just a few days in and I'm feeling good, but I slacked on walking yesteday (tsk tsk on me!) I intend to make it up this weekend, but at least I stuck to calisthenics and strength training =D I even managed to skip my cola this monday because it tasted wierd after not drinking it for a week.
That's the amazing thing about junk food. When it's out of your body and it's been out of your body for just a little while, it tastes bad! Because it IS bad. Good for you for not putting it in to your body.

As for me, I'm doing pretty good. No cheating on my meal plan. Still sugar free. I did have some popcorn last night, but it's only 100 calories. I just felt like noshing. I have been going to the gym, to. Today's my day off from the gym. I might work on dance drills, or I might not. I worked the weights pretty hard last night so I don't want to hurt myself.

Hope every one is doing well!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
FitDay Member

How are you ladies doing?! Ready for the weekend? I know I am, but I'm not gonna let myself slip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.