Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 8/31 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 8/31

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 8/31

Old 08-31-2010, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Like to join you ladies

I was in a weight loss support group for several months, and lost 11 pounds, but it ended 3 weeks ago and, I hate to admit this, but I've already regained 2 pounds! I really need the structure of being accountable to keep from backsliding. I'm not in maintenance yet; my MD says I still need to lose 5-7 more pounds. Thanks to my overindulgence last week, I actually need to lose closer to 10 more pounds. And with the Jewish holidays starting next week, that's going to be super hard. So....

I have to develop the habit of logging in here daily to keep myself accountable to me, and to regain my momentum. My motivation is to lose enough weight that my blood sugar and blood pressure both decrease a few points and so I can stop taking some of the BP meds.

Yehudit
Old 08-31-2010, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the club Yehudit45! Also, you might want to join us on the regular 5-15 club thread as this one is usually active only on Tuesdays & sometimes Wednesdays. That's when we report back on whatever we feel like from the previous week and it's helped me reach new goals and/or keeps me from derailing my progress when I backslide from time to time. Sounds like you've already done some work on goal setting as well as tracking nutrition. You'll definitely find lots of support on this forum!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

You know Cassie, regarding the supplements, I would suspect the purity and quality. Contaminants can certainly make their way into supplements and could cause problems. If you want to keep taking those supplements, I would try switching brands.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies! I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday so I'm trying to catch up today. It sounds like everyone is doing great. Congrats to all on the weight loss and the progress towards goals.

Yehudit- welcome. I think your goals of lowering your numbers and getting off medication is great.

I'm still hanging out at 138-139. I was actually glad that I weighed that on Tuesday morning because I was a stressed mess on Monday (probably started stressing on Sunday), which caused my stomach to be a mess and completely bloated. I thought I would see a higher number due to water retention. While I would still love to be lower and someday be rid of this stomach, I am happy that I am maintaining while enjoying the food I eat and more even moods. Stress is another battle, which affects my weight too, so my goal is to get better on that front.

Well, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week.

Amber
Old 09-04-2010, 06:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default new and in need of support

Hi everyone! I recently went through a hard time and gained 15 pounds in a very short amount of time. My weight is 135 now and I would like to get back to my previous weight of 120. My biggest problems are stress-eating and a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I thought I would try this because I need to be kept accountable.