View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bugguts
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingleroy View Post
The lack of a "recipe" function to help calculate nutrition values from multiple ingredients is really the only gripe I have about fitday. It's a function that you do find in other similar services, like myfooddiary.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchyJill View Post
I totally LOVE fitday...but don't kill yourself entering individual ingredients...there are several sites on the web that will calculate all of it for you using a recipe analyzer of some variety...I use caloriecount.about.com but I am sure there are others. I take whatever the recipe program spits out and enter one serving of THAT as a custom food on fitday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrocc View Post
I use nutritiondata.com for the entire recipe. You can make your own label then just use the info for one serving here. That website is really great and free!
Thanks so much for this information! I was wondering the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnesec View Post
Not only would it be nice to have a recipe analyzer feature but it would also be great to have an area where people could post good, healthy recipes. Sometimes it gets hard finding new meal options. To see what others are cooking might help to keep our diets fun and interesting.
Agreed!!! Great idea.