Notices

Sodium intake

Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Sodium intake

i have a question regarding sodium...im going to start gaining muscle mass and of course that means i gotta eat more food..when i add more foods my sodium intake increases and it is at 2674..when i was cutting i ate 2186 and felt fine..is my 2674 a big deal..and i am eating very healthy not bad protein like fried chicken
Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

If you get extra sodium just drink extra water.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

alright thanks alot...thats pretty simple..
Old 09-02-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Sodium is my biggest problem too. Any advices on how to cut sodium but keeping stuff tasty?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Vsabino

Dried herbs, pepper, lemon, worchestire, & balsamic vinegar have saved my taste buds more then once!

If you're not a big cooker, don't be intimidated, just buy one of those spice racks with like 15 spices, they usually have a good starter kit.

I'm a big fan of cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, & white pepper on beans. Fresh lemon, and a dry rub of herbs de provence & garlic powder on baked chicken. Oh! and you can't forget ground mustard & chalula hot sauce... no calories and tasty tasty!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mmm, they all sounds great! Now I need recipes for all those spices!
Any interesting tasty recipes where to use some of them?!
Thanks!!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

I just use a Chicago steak spice grinder on everything instead of seasoning salts, cuts the sodium way down and improves the flavor big time. Also if you like hot sauce I use that, it adds a lot of flavor without adding too much sodium.

Too much sodium will make you retain water, drinking more water will flush the sodium and help eliminate the water retention.

DRINK MORE WATER!

It probably can't be said enough, about this subject or any other involving weight loss, fitness, body building, the list goes on!