Notices

Here I go again.....

Old 09-01-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here I go again.....

Sometimes I hate this body of mine. It decides to act up and keep me from the gym, worn out and exhausted from just getting through the day. Then I don't come log my food since I'm not logging any exercise, and the backsliding comes so easily. Also I had minor surgery Friday, almost healed up from that, but there's another excuse to use-I can have a large Frosty, I deserve it because I've been through x, y, z... So, still haven't lost anything since being on vacation, just hovering between 150 and 152. Not too bad for only half-assed watching what I eat, but it's time to get serious. Back to the food log, girl. You know it works so do it. The daughter goes back to school Tuesday, and I have to go by the gym on the way to the bus stop twice a day again. That helps me get my butt out of the house . Getting started is always the hardest part.

Today is a new day, everything I ate has been logged, even that huge portion of potato chips that passed for dinner lol. I'll get there eventually, one step at a time.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear that you've had a rough time lately, Lizzy. Glad to hear you're doing a bit better, and I hope you continue to improve!

As I said to a different poster today, it's wonderful that you didn't gain during your time off from tracking. When life gets in the way, I always gain, so I'm envious of all of you who are able to maintain!

You're right, you know what you need to do and it sounds like you have the motivation to do it. Not only is today a new day, but it's also a new month, woohoo! Fresh start! You can do it. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

I had a similar week last week. My uncle died, the kids went back to school, my volunteer work was overwhelming and a absent husband for most of the week. I gained 2lbs, but managed to lose 3 this week. We are all going to slip, but the main thing is to get back on track and your doing that. Keep up the faith, things will get better once you get back into a routine. Good Luck.
---------------

Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 181lbs (8-24-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)
Old 09-02-2010, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again, lizzygirl you and I are like twins. Every time I read one of your posts I think "holy cow that's EXACTLY what I was just thinking!" I am back on the wagon this morning myself. I got up and did my workout, 60 min elliptical, 15 min shoulder rehab, I've already slurped down 32 ounces of water and once I swig down the last of my muscle mocha I'm on to another 32 ounce bottle chilling in yonder fridge. My breakfast was a very lean 400 calories and I'm planning a 275 calorie lunch and a 400 calorie dinner, plus a high protein afternoon snack, so I should end the day around 1,300. Which I haven't managed since sometime in late June. The kids go back to school on Wednesday, which should be a big help. So I raise my iced coffee in your direction this morning, here's to a fresh commitment for better health and fitness, now bottoms up.

Well I gotta go, my coffee cup is empty and I gotta pee and get my next bottle of water started...