Community
Notices

Awesome in August ... 100+ ladies

Old 08-31-2010, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies!

I've been in a rut for a few weeks but I think I'm finally snapping out of it. Last night I felt so awful after eating junk. So, after work today when my daughter invited me to go with her to the Y, I took her up on it and finally I exercised!! I don't know what it was, but I was really stubborn about getting back to exercising. It's so key for me because it helps me feel more positive and make better choices with my diet. I hope to get control of my calories again now and start losing again.

Smooshmcsmeesh - Thank-you very much for your kind encouragement last week when I posted about being in a rut. It encouraged me very much and helped me not to give up.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

so i have lost about 6 pounds in 7 days. im not doing any crazy diet or anything though. im doing the diet my mom is doing which is pretty much called the 1 cup diet.. i feel better already! only 113 pounds to go.. i just ordered a digital scale. i made the mistake of buying a dial weight scale. they dont seem to be as accurate. i cant see over my stomach to even see how much i weighed anyway hahaha.. lesson learned!

Start weight:260 lbs
Current weight:254 lbs
Goal weight: 140 lbs
Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 PM
FitDay Member

With a little bit of help from some medium control knickers I'm finally wearing my next size down jeans. With no lumps, bumps or muffin top in sight! This is the first time in a looong time that I've felt good looking in the mirror.
Still a long way to go and while I'm still struggling to see a difference in my size I think I'm just over a quarter of the way there now.
It's so much easier than I thought it would be, and I'm so happy that I finally kicked my own a*** in to gear and started my battle with the bulge. And I definitely owe some thanks to my FitDay ladies, who have unwittingly unleashed the competitive beast within. Big love to you all!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Thanks, actually I haven't lost very much since the end of June, but at least I haven't fallen off the wagon completely. Summer is really hard for me, my garden is making goodies like crazy and I always do a ton of canning, which of course means eating, since there is no sense in canning it unless it tastes good right? I get into trouble out picking too, cherry tomatoes can just pop right off the vine and into my mouth and I don't even notice !

I came up with my goal weight by looking at various resources, charts at the gym, on-line sites and I also asked my doctors, both knee and regular. They both looked me in the eye and said 115, our Wii Fit Plus said 119.5, but it only lets me put in whole numbers and I'm only 5'-2" when I round up. I also have a slight or delicate skeletal frame, small hands, feet, wrists, ankles, teeth etc. I added in an extra 5 pounds because I'm rather well endowed and none of those charts or websites take cup size into consideration, if you know what I'm saying...
Weight watchers says I should be 124-155. I am 5'6". I am large frame, built like my dad a 6'3 265 ound man lol. When I met my husband 13 years ago I was 155 pounds for 8 months only and that was the only time I was actually healthy in my life. I remember thinking I was still fat so that is why I would like to maybe get to 140 but I would be really happy with 155 again for sure!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Bleh. My weight is all over the place. I couldn't figure out why, but now I am wondering if its going to be TTOTM early... because my breasts have been super tender (Sorry, TMI).
Anyways, its disappointing to say the least!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Weight watchers says I should be 124-155. I am 5'6". I am large frame, built like my dad a 6'3 265 ound man lol. When I met my husband 13 years ago I was 155 pounds for 8 months only and that was the only time I was actually healthy in my life. I remember thinking I was still fat so that is why I would like to maybe get to 140 but I would be really happy with 155 again for sure!
I was right about 155 before we left on vacation and I gotta say that one of the reasons I think I've slacked off on my dedication to dieting is that I actually quite like that weight for me as well. Although I do know that at 155 I'm still 20 pounds overweight I still have a bit of jiggle all over and the longer I'm at this weight the more I realize that I still do need to lose more. For my height, my weight should be 99-135 pounds. When I first read 99 pounds I was like "good grief there is no way", my mother would check me in to an eating disorder home. I picked 120 because that was close to my doctor's recommendations and smack dab in the middle of the recommended weight, that way I can go up or down and still be at a healthy weight.

Funny that you say you're built like your dad, I'm built just like my dad's sisters. My dad has a much blockier build, he's all torso with short legs, we always joke that he's built like a field stone privy (or a brick sh** house). Personally I'm hoping to get my figure all the way to "built like a sack of wild cats", it's a work in progress.

Oh and ladies I'm starting a new thread for September, I thought a funny one the other day and have been chuckling to myself over starting it.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-01-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Blue Jean Breakthrough!

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
With a little bit of help from some medium control knickers I'm finally wearing my next size down jeans. With no lumps, bumps or muffin top in sight! This is the first time in a looong time that I've felt good looking in the mirror.
Still a long way to go and while I'm still struggling to see a difference in my size I think I'm just over a quarter of the way there now.
It's so much easier than I thought it would be, and I'm so happy that I finally kicked my own a*** in to gear and started my battle with the bulge. And I definitely owe some thanks to my FitDay ladies, who have unwittingly unleashed the competitive beast within. Big love to you all!
BOO: How exciting is that! I know exactly what you mean! I bought a pair of sz '20P SLIM' yesterday and could not stop staring and smiling in the dressing room mirror. Like everyone here, I can not remember being THAT size for at least a decade - maybe two! Keep up the great work and walk that butt off. It sure helps to get into the Jeans!
Carren
Old 09-01-2010, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hey gals... new month, new thread! C'mon over!
Sweet & Sassy in September, 100+ Ladies Club