An Average Guy's 90 Day Freak Out Diet >

An Average Guy's 90 Day Freak Out Diet

Community
Notices

An Average Guy's 90 Day Freak Out Diet

Old 01-24-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default An Average Guy's 90 Day Freak Out Diet

I have started my own diet called an average guy's 90 day freak out diet. The title is based on the fact that I'm so tired of being over weight that I'm freaking out about it. I figured I would give myself 90 days to change my horrible ways...no twinkies,ding dongs,cup cakes or hoho's. I've cut out all soda and basically anything else that sounds bad for you. To be honest with you, I really don't know what I'm doing but I have started my diet and I'm blogging and tweeting about it everyday in the hopes to keep myself honest. If anyone out there would like to join me on my quest, comment on my blog or just offer me some help on here, I would appreciate it. Please join the new group on facebook called "fitdayfriends".Thanks and please let me know what you think and I look forward to making new friends along the way.
AN AVERAGE GUY'S 90 DAY FREAK OUT DIET
Old 01-26-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by freakoutdiet
I have started my own diet called an average guy's 90 day freak out diet. The title is based on the fact that I'm so tired of being over weight that I'm freaking out about it. I figured I would give myself 90 days to change my horrible ways...no twinkies,ding dongs,cup cakes or hoho's. I've cut out all soda and basically anything else that sounds bad for you. To be honest with you, I really don't know what I'm doing but I have started my diet and I'm blogging and tweeting about it everyday in the hopes to keep myself honest. If anyone out there would like to join me on my quest, comment on my blog or just offer me some help on here, I would appreciate it. Please join the new group on facebook called "fitdayfriends".Thanks and please let me know what you think and I look forward to making new friends along the way.
AN AVERAGE GUY'S 90 DAY FREAK OUT DIET
I read your blog. Hang in there! I'm also on the Facebook group (FitDayFriends). One thing I can recommend is that is water is getting boring then add something low calorie to it (and sugar-free). Crystal light has sooo many flavors (you can also get walmart brands cheaper). Another thing I have done (because I would rather use Splenda sweetener) is use sugar free coolaid and add splenda instead of sugar to it. I make a gallon at a time. You can mix the flavors too to make strawberry lemonade and so forth.

Another thing I would recommend is to eat things that you think you can stick with eating after the 90 days is up. I'm telling you, if you go back to normal eating habits after the 90 days is over you will gain 3 times the weight you lost! Be careful!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default After my 90 days is up

Yeah I'm already feeling you on the after my 90 thing day thing is up. I actually feel like I'm not so much on a diet as I am on a life change. I have been shoving goodies and cokes down my throat for as long as I can remember and to stop grabbing a cookie when I walk by or get some ice cream after dinner is really hard but I'm doing it! Gaining weight is so much easier...uugg! I've already lost about 7-8 lbs over the last couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to getting below 200, I hope I can do it! Thanks for your reply and look forward to making some new friends. Come watch the saga unfold at An average guy's 90 day freak out diet @blogspot.com. Thanks a bunch
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
FitDay Member

I have been reading your blog too. I think you need to eat more! You are going to get fatigued from lack of nutrients...seriously, and that will cause binge eating from simple NEED! Add some healthy snacks! The snacks will also help keep your blood sugar steady, which will keep the appetite in check.

If you want a hearty breakfast, try one whole egg, and as many egg whites as you want...add some veggies and a sprinkle of low fat cheese, have this with a small glass of orange juice and a couple of slices of whole grain bread! You will be stuffed, and it is delicious and REAL FOOD!!

Good luck and hang in there, it is BRUTAL losing weight!! Killing those cravings is not fun.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Low fat leaves you hungry, hungry and more hungry. Read something (Like the Atkins Diet.) that will inform you about insulin resistant and blood sugar going up and down that makes you feel lousy. Your body needs to burn fat, and if you give it sugar, it won't burn fat... as simple as that.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:33 PM
FitDay Member

I 'am doing the Atkins dieet and i almost don't eat anything that sounds bad for you but i eat normal and healty . And i don't want any more sucker and if i eat it now it is to muts sucker that i don't like it anymore . Maybe you can try it out
Old 02-21-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hey there - in no way am an expert - however from doing a lot of reading and taking tidbits from here and there, I would agree with eating how you can eat after the 90 days. You have to be able to eat anything - just learn moderation aka portion control. I also try not to eat "low fat" products or those with artificial sweeteners. Your liver takes longer to process these foods as they have more chemical - that is one of the reasons that a lot of people who drink only diet soda are overweight. Your liver can process a gram of sugar faster then a gram of sweetener. Drink water and also green tea. Eat single item food, i.e. carrots, steak, oatmeal, eggs and stay away from process (as much as we can in our life although this is hard as even what we consider our healthy cereals are "processed" foods. I do agree that if you take 1 egg and as many egg whites as you want - it is a great way to start your day. I would substitute a whole orange for the orange juice.

I live with a morbidly obese husband (270 lbs) and I wish he would take this action. Just be sure you do eat enough - if you are hungry all the time, you will blow the diet and that is no good just be sure to pick healthy foods. Also when you are morbidly obese, be sure that you visit the doctor and get a check-up and let them monitor your progress. It is also someone else to be accountable to.

Good Luck!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

This may help you - I just posted this on another forum - it's easy to follow if you know your food groups. The basic food ratio to follow and the most common is:
50% Carbs
30% protein
20% fat

To make it even easier, follow the plate rule:

1 - Carbs should make up 2/3 of what's on your plate - veggies or salad w/brown rice or whole-grain pasta (no more than 3/4 C) or sweet potato - and the rest protein (dinner) and for lunch, large salad and salmon salad or chicken sandwich on whole-grain w/sliced tomato/avocado and real mayo (made with olive oil).
2 - Fat can come from your salad dressing and 1/2 avocado in salad, oil for stir frying veggies or a little (tsp) butter w/yogurt (2%) on sweet potato.
3 - Use a dinner plate for lunch and a salad plate for dinner with same ratio as discussed in #1.
4 - Another trick - split your biggest meal into two and eat each half 2 hrs apart to keep insulin stable which will help burn more fat and keep metabolism going.
5 - For snacks, eat a few walnuts or almonds w/one fruit.
6 - NO WHITE FOODS & NO SUGAR

Keep in mind that good fats will help you burn fat - I have 1/2 avocado every day in a sandwich (your liver cleanses itself w/good fats) and also satisfies you for longer. Natural peanut butter and real butter are natural foods w/vitamins - as long as you keep the serving small, it will not hinder fat loss.

Keep in mind too that no-fat products like yogurt have more additives so it's best to choose one like 2% b/c it hasn't been overly processed. The more natural the food, the more your body will work better to absorb vitamins and minerals and the better you will feel.

Also, when grocery shopping, shop around perimeter of store - not inside aisles where most processed foods are unless you're buying tomato sauce, beans/legumes, brown rice, whole-grain pasta and natural peanut butter.

I hope this helps & the best of luck to you.

Suzanne