View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 03:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
phowell1222
FitDay Member

Smile Getting Started

I'm also 5' 2" and my highest weight was 190 in the summer of 2008. Since then, I'm down to 167. However, this is my year! I turn 50, and I'm determined to be Fit by Fifty!! I just stared on the Jan 18 with my exercise routine: X-Fit class MWF, Cardio Kick boxing T/Th, Karate, and jogging a couple of times a week. It sounds like a lot, but it's great! I'm excited to be physically active.

I know last year I wanted to try some things at home. I bought two or three of the Biggest Loser DVD's and that's how I initially lost the first 20 lbs. You can get them at Wal-mart for less than $10 each, and you can customize your workouts. Also, you can buy a set or two of dumb bells or even the exercist bands with handles...they're pretty cheap. For cardio, a NordicTrac ski machine is great. You can usually find one cheap, since people get one and use it for a clothing rack for while, then want to get rid of it! There are lots of inexpensive options without buying big equipment. I agree with the person who said to walk first. George Foreman has a walking DVD you can do indoors and it's a great calorie burner.

Good luck!
phowell1222 is offline   Reply With Quote