Notices

Serving size, when making a custom food?

Old 08-31-2010, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Serving size, when making a custom food?

Hey All

I was trying to create a custom food, and the custom food tool just says "1 serving" not grams, or one slice or anything. I could find how to put in the amount 1 serving was. So I double checked by putting in the amount of one serving off the food lable after I'd created the food in fit day. When I recalculated it was totally wrong. (1 tablespoon (5 grams) of Fry's cocoa powder is 20 calories, put in the info to custom foods, then entered 5 grams and it came up 100 calories) How do I fix it, so that I can put in the amount of a serving size?

Thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

For serving size, I usually put it next to the name of the food. For example, when I do homemade marinara sauce, I put in the title box, Marinara Sauce (1/2 C.). Then I just leave the quantity as one when I enter it into my log (or do .5, or 1.5, or 2, or whatever, depending on how much I ate). I'm not sure if this answers why the calories were changing for yours, though. Just be sure to always click the box instead of enter...the enter key does not always save things on this site.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

I had the same problem. What I do now is this: in the create custom food I only put the name of the food (no nutritional values yet) and click create; in the next screen, click "edit food" ; then change the amount from 1 serving to 100 grams for example, write the nutritional value and save.
Try and let me know if it works for you.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, I'll try out your suggestions . . . frustrating that the amount isn't included in the tool.