View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
zinal
FitDay Member

Send a message via MSN to zinal Send a message via Yahoo to zinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
I haven't heard or read anything about inaccuracies. If you really question a food's caloric value or other values, you can make a custom food that you have from another source and use that instead. But everything I've ever counted has been right in the ballpark of what I imagine it would be and there have been no surprises there.

The real inaccuracies come when you count, measure, weigh the food you put in your mouth! And conveniently forget things! Like butter or sauces, or even beverages.
The trick I use is to write down or log everything the minute I get through eating, even when I just get a diet cola. I haven't this week due to a death in the family and I noticed it made a difference in my weight (gained some back). I think the real keep is just recognizing what is good and bad and eating in moderation. Also EXERCISE, I couldn't this week and I noticed a big difference in my weight, my energy and overall attitude. No one here has the magic cure, but we all agree on one thing. Everyone is different and what works for one, may not work for another, but we support everyone's journey. I do a 40%protein/40%fat/20%carb diet that is 1100-1300 calories and work out 3-4 times a week. Good luck on your journey and if you need a friend, please feel free to add me to your friends list on your home page.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 185lbs (8-29-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10):{
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step."
zinal is offline   Reply With Quote