Notices

New and scared...looking for tips

Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Question New and scared...looking for tips

Hello everyone.

I'm fairly new to this dieting thing, I tried it before but gave up. Now, however, I'm sticking to my guns and the result has been 5 pounds lost so far.

Still, I've read lots of posts on here about inaccuracies in the system and no results... So, I was just wondering if anyone had some tips to avoid these? I have 73 more pounds to lose, and I am NOT giving up this time.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Welcome to FitDay!

Originally Posted by purefat200
Hello everyone.

I'm fairly new to this dieting thing, I tried it before but gave up. Now, however, I'm sticking to my guns and the result has been 5 pounds lost so far.

Still, I've read lots of posts on here about inaccuracies in the system and no results... So, I was just wondering if anyone had some tips to avoid these? I have 73 more pounds to lose, and I am NOT giving up this time.
Hi PF200!

I have been on here logging for one month now. I use the free online service and find it is accurate. The forum threads are a great place to get information, advice and kicks in the butt!

Great job on the 5# loss! Don't worry about the FD inaccuracies - just make it work for you. After all this is ALL about YOU! You are changing your lifestyle and getting healthy. FD is a tool to help with that and the people here, well, I can tell you that we have all 'Been there, done that' crowd. Find some threads that work for you.

I am on Awesome in August - most of us have over 100# to loose and some have done an amazing job at it. THESE LADIES ROCK! Come on over and join us.

Carren
Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

I haven't heard or read anything about inaccuracies. If you really question a food's caloric value or other values, you can make a custom food that you have from another source and use that instead. But everything I've ever counted has been right in the ballpark of what I imagine it would be and there have been no surprises there.

The real inaccuracies come when you count, measure, weigh the food you put in your mouth! And conveniently forget things! Like butter or sauces, or even beverages.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I haven't heard or read anything about inaccuracies. If you really question a food's caloric value or other values, you can make a custom food that you have from another source and use that instead. But everything I've ever counted has been right in the ballpark of what I imagine it would be and there have been no surprises there.

The real inaccuracies come when you count, measure, weigh the food you put in your mouth! And conveniently forget things! Like butter or sauces, or even beverages.
The trick I use is to write down or log everything the minute I get through eating, even when I just get a diet cola. I haven't this week due to a death in the family and I noticed it made a difference in my weight (gained some back). I think the real keep is just recognizing what is good and bad and eating in moderation. Also EXERCISE, I couldn't this week and I noticed a big difference in my weight, my energy and overall attitude. No one here has the magic cure, but we all agree on one thing. Everyone is different and what works for one, may not work for another, but we support everyone's journey. I do a 40%protein/40%fat/20%carb diet that is 1100-1300 calories and work out 3-4 times a week. Good luck on your journey and if you need a friend, please feel free to add me to your friends list on your home page.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 185lbs (8-29-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10):{
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step."