Notices

Had a set back

Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default Had a set back

Had a set back end of last week. ate some fast food Friday and Saturday.
Was feeling down but I did visit my doc this ans saw a dietian for first time she gave me some good things to do, some easy low fat reciepies I'm going to try and get back on track Thanks for asking
Old 07-01-2010, 01:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good to hear about your dietician visit--it can't hurt to get advice from a pro. There are some great low-cal recipes on the web as well. I've never been much of a cook but I have been doing quite a bit lately.

Now, about the "setback". In the past I easily fell into the trap of needing to be "perfect" with my eating--if I went off-plan for a meal it turned into "carte-blanc" to eat whatever I wanted. I have now realized (with the help of an eating disorder book I read) that this type thinking is fairly common.

So, I am now NOT obsessing with being "perfect" every day. I've had a couple days where I went considerably over my limit, BUT I understand that in life that will happen. I accept it, enter what I consumed into FitDay (no matter how bad) and move on with my eating plan. Ultimately this is a numbers game--if at the end of the week the cals in are less than the cals out weight will be lost.

Keep up the fight!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-01-2010, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by CapnCrunch00
Had a set back end of last week. ate some fast food Friday and Saturday.
Was feeling down but I did visit my doc this ans saw a dietian for first time she gave me some good things to do, some easy low fat reciepies I'm going to try and get back on track Thanks for asking
Don't let it get you down, mate. Just do better today. It's not the occasional lapses that do us in, it's the throwing in the towel that does it. Stay strong.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

This whole weight loss thing is all getting your head right. We all know what to do to loose weight. My head has not been right lately with my diet. I'm sure we can both shake off the cob-webs and get back on track. A very wise man once said,
"90% of the game is half mental."
Yogi Berra
Just keep your eye on your goal,
Ed
Old 07-02-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by efduncan
This whole weight loss thing is all getting your head right. We all know what to do to loose weight. My head has not been right lately with my diet. I'm sure we can both shake off the cob-webs and get back on track. A very wise man once said,
"90% of the game is half mental."
Yogi Berra
Just keep your eye on your goal,
Ed
Great quote, Ed--and right on!

A thought I like is that airplane pilots are off-course many times during a flight, but they continuously make the neccessary corrections and eventually reach their destination (goal).

Michael
Old 07-23-2010, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

new weigh in down fifteen from 530 to 515 in amonths time a some of you think you gotweight to lose. not the best but its some progress. plus new dietian is very cute good motivation
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hey CapnCrunch00,
Are you back on track ????
Old 08-28-2010, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

In the grand scheme of your diet eating fast food like you did will have ZERO impact on your overall goals so long as you get yourself back on track. Don't beat yourself up over it and don't feel guilty when you do cheat. consider it more of a reward for all the hard work you've done.