View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fashionphx
FitDay Member

Hello! I am a new 23 year old mama on maternity leave from work, I just had my baby on 12/22 I love being a mother, and it certainly keeps you on your toes. My pregnancy weight I got up to 203 pounds and now I am at 184. I'm 5'5" and I set aside about 2 hours to workout eventhough its very challenging at times having a newborn since he's my first priority. I started on saturday of last week and I've primarily been using the Golds Gym Elliptical Trainer (I found it @ walmart last year for about $298 I believe, it works amazing, a great workout and a good investment! It has a built in fan, an iPod connection for music, and several different levels of workouts). My goal is to burn 1,000 calories a day minimum because I am so eager to get back into shape as quickly as possible. I'm going to try to drink atleast 8-10 8oz glasses of water a day, that's another thing I would like to start on a consistant basis. I have to say I think my weight at 184 has been remaining the same for about a week now because of my eating, which is almost non existant. I have to remind myself to eat because I'm so preoccupied with cleaning, school, taking care of baby etc.. and I probably don't exceed 800-900 calories a day which may not be a good thing. I think my body went into starvation mode and is keeping the weight on. I'm trying to mostly eat as many veggies as possible, along with a little bit of fruit (limiting sugar intake) and lean meat (chicken/fish). Yesterday was the first day I did the 1,000 calorie mark it took about an hour on the elliptical with variation of the resistance and my running speed which felt like trying to run in quicksand with the wind blowing against you haha.. Ugh,.. I'm so sore but I'm really wanting to work out 5-6 days a week. We'll see where my weight is next week..I'm trying to be as dedicated as possible, because when you want something bad enough, you'll put in as much effort as it takes to get there. Here's to the new year and to all of us achieving what we want! Seize the day!
Fashionphx is offline   Reply With Quote