View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
rpmcduff
FitDay Member

The 'problem' as I see it is that diets are a short term strategy. You diet, you lose weight, you attain your goal and you then return to the same eating habits that got you overweight. There are lots of good diets out there that can help you lose weight, but maybe that is the wrong approach. My approach is changing my eating habits with the idea that the changes are a lifestyle change to be sustained for the rest of my life rather than a short term fix to a long term problem. I no longer drink my calories (except for a glass of milk or juice on occasion), I limit my intake of simple carbohydrates, and I try to keep my protein intake around 30% of my calories. I actually enjoy drinking water instead of the coke I used to drink, I feel better, sleep better and have more energy while consuming less calories than I did previously.

I can still eat anything I want. I just have to decide if the calories are worth the indulgence. I realize this approach won't work for everyone but so far its working for me.

Male, Age 53 Height 5'-11"
Start, Spring 2009....,.. 270.0 lbs
January 21, 2010. ....,...255.0 lbs (Joined Fitday)
September 10, 2010..,..223.8 lbs. (-46.2lbs)
Mini-Goal......................225 Achieved 9/21/2012
Mini-Goal......................220 Achieved 10/26/2012
Current.........................216.2 lbs. (-53.8 lbs)
Mini-Goal.......................215
Goal..............................200

My log: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...Owner=rpmcduff
rpmcduff is offline   Reply With Quote