Notices

Eat stop eat diet

Old 08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Eat stop eat diet

heres a new one for all u dieters out there
Eat stop eat by brad pilon is a diet iv been on since January till about may worked a charm u simply go on 2 24 hour fasts a week and eat normally for the rest of the week ... but then once i reached my goal weight i went back to only completing one fast a week and over the last 4 months i have gained 3kg while i no thats not alot i no how easily i can put more on so it looks like ill b going back to the proper diet ...
Its the easiest diet because its not restrictive i still have treats the only downfall is i have nutty eating habits and am stuffed up by all the wrong diets out there so i hardly no wat a normal days eating actually looks like. but as far as diets go this has been the easiest and most effective way of loosing weight. it just sucks how hard it is to maintain weight grrr any advice or comments welcome
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

The 'problem' as I see it is that diets are a short term strategy. You diet, you lose weight, you attain your goal and you then return to the same eating habits that got you overweight. There are lots of good diets out there that can help you lose weight, but maybe that is the wrong approach. My approach is changing my eating habits with the idea that the changes are a lifestyle change to be sustained for the rest of my life rather than a short term fix to a long term problem. I no longer drink my calories (except for a glass of milk or juice on occasion), I limit my intake of simple carbohydrates, and I try to keep my protein intake around 30% of my calories. I actually enjoy drinking water instead of the coke I used to drink, I feel better, sleep better and have more energy while consuming less calories than I did previously.

I can still eat anything I want. I just have to decide if the calories are worth the indulgence. I realize this approach won't work for everyone but so far its working for me.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

thanks for ur response Ron and well done for the success you have already experienced I think the whole lifestyle rather than diet idea is exactly right and i am forever trying to make subtle changes to my lifestyle. I hope that I can make eat stop eat a permanant part of my lifestyle