Notices

Weighing In ??

Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zinal
I too weigh myself everyday, several times a day. I find my mood is always bad because after 2hr workouts I expect to see 1lb lost that day or the next, and when it doesn't happen I get mad. I need to stay off the scale for a week and tell myself that, but it rarely happens. I'm going to try again this week to stay off, hopefully I can.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 186 lbs (8-5-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)(02-20-11:dr's goal)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step,"
I originally got round my obsession with the scales by throwing them out - actually my husband threw them out because I couldn't bring myself to do it! Initially I felt as though someone had taken away my crutches, but I then weighed myself once a week at the gym. Gradually the feeling disappeared, and now I have scales again but I am able to control my use of them.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

even though i weight myself everyday, as long as i know i have stayed within my calorie limit and have done the exercises, i don' let the number shown on the scale to rule my day. and to help me track the progress i have joined the friday weight in group on this thread. I do love my scale and depend on it to get me to my goal, but i don't let it rule my day.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I weigh in once a week, generally on Mondays b/c, well, Mondays are no fun anyway. So if the scale says that I haven't made any improvment then it doesn't bother me so much as if it were a Friday and going into the weekend. Occasionally, I will jump on it between weigh ins, if I know i have been slacking or overindulged and want to see how much of a set back I gave myself. It helps to remotivate me. Otherwise, I try to stick to the Mondays and focus on my goal for the week...
Old 08-25-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh myself every day but don't get too worried about the results -- I realize there could be a two-three pound difference between weigh ins due to normal fluctuations in things like temperature, water intake, etc.

I have trouble remembering to do things on a weekly basis, so if I DON'T get into the habit of weighing myself every day and entering the results in my journal, I'll just forget about it entirely.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh everyday, but its more of a habit than an obsession. If my weight is up its probably because I had too much sodium and didn't drink enough water. I don't think my body can gain a pound of fat in a day, but if the weight gain became a trend and not a fluctuation I would be concerned.