Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 8/24 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 8/24

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 8/24

Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 8/24

Hi Everyone...hope it was a great week! If not, bring on the venting !
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Default Grr...

Well, put me in the "venting" column for this week. A day and a half off the food plan (Friday and Saturday), skipping three workouts due to being sick and I'm 6 pounds heavier?! What's up with that?

Okay, so in theory, I know it's not real. I did the math for the week and I was about 1200 calories over what I burned, so a third of a pound, roughly. Also, my body fat scale is now saying 14% instead of 18%, so regardless of how accurate it is, I would think that means more water being retained to make the percentage drop so much. But geez...I can't even slip a tiny bit without consequences! But it is what it is.

I did weights on Sunday but I hate the thought of breathing hard while I'm stuffy and my throat hurts. Going to try to get through cardio tennis today, though, gotta show my body who's boss.

This whomps.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

i'm here checking in. down a lb so that's good. had a rough night last night, but stayed on plan & still got my weights in...lol.

i used to get up early to do my weights i need to get into that habit again.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

It's a venting week for me as well. My weight had been on a steady downward incline and I was down to 126 (a pound away from goal!). Then date night happened & I also totally slacked on exercise last week and I shot up to 129 (also wasn't drinking water like usual).

Oh well, at least I didn't "drop all my eggs". Back to it today & moving to a new place this weekend. I'll be looking forward to getting back to exercising.

I feel the same way, Cassie, that the consequences for slip-ups are waaaaay out of proportion to the degree of the slip-ups themselves.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies.

Cassie and Jespar- hang in there. You are so close to your goal weight and that is inspiring! It seems like slip ups kill the scale and for me weighing after one or a rough week is always bad on the scale. In a few days the scale will probably be better.

Cassie- I know what you mean about not feeling well and exercising. I am having a hard time with allergies and it is making it hard to workout. It also affects my water retention so I stayed away from the scale.

Stacey- congrats on the weight loss.

Well I made it through the first day of school. Last week and this weekend I was a little stressed and not feeling the best so I may have gained a little but it's okay. I'll be on my feet more and I have been eating well. I made it through this last week without bad cravings which is an accomplishment. Today I was feeling good in my outfit too.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Amber
Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Girls! Well, the good news is I did keep my fiber level averaging 24 grams a day, but fat % average was at 31% and calories need to come down a bit. I am at the same weight (122#) and though the number doesn't bother me per se, I am craving carbs like crazy lately...urgh (not the good carbs like veggies & fruit). Not sure if it's stress (don't feel any more stressed than normal), hormones, or what?!! Even though I'm 52, I still have a menstrual cycle to contend with and that could be it. Oh well, guess this is a vent I need to sit down with myself and define my goals with more clarity...and not let these cravings get the better of me.

Cassie, my guess is you're retaining fluids and within a few days you'll be right back in your game! Hope you're getting lots of water and hopefully this will pass quickly.

Great Job, Stacey--you're heading in the right direction

Amber, sounds like you are in the groove...no cravings and lots of activity. Hope you have a great first week back in the classroom!

Jespar, usually after a big "feeding" I add a couple of pounds and within 2 or 3 days of getting back to my healthy habits, I'm back to normal. Bet you will be back down too!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,
Cassie, so sorry to hear about the 6 lbs, however I think they will go away as you get better. maybe having a cold makes you retain fluids? drink lots and mend yourself.

Beth, good job with the fiber. sorry you're craving carbs. i know how that is...maybe eat a sweet potato or something? sometimes that works for me.

Amber, I know you looked good in your outfit, and I'm glad you felt that way! I hope school is starting out well for you.

Stacey, you stayed on track through a hard night...fantastic. I can only hope to be able to say that next week.

Jespar, I can totally relate to going overboard one day/night and then feeling the extra pounds the next day. If it goes on fast, I feel like it is somewhat easier to lose quickly. Just a week of eating clean and I feel great again.

If we did these check-ins Sunday night I would be a disaster every week. By Tuesday I have gotten myself back in check. Not to say that any day goes as perfectly as I've planned it but in general if I ate like I did during the weekdays on the weekends I would be a skinny chica.

Today I did NOT buy gummy candy at the grocery store and instead bought an 85% cacao lindt chocolate. they still aren't health food but they are much less addictive and they have antioxidants. plus they aren't made of chemicals. I'm calling it a success.

I really need to work on not binging on the weekends. I seem to have an "all or nothing" attitude and eat like a pig sometimes. I used to not pig out in front of the boyfriend for fear of grossing him out but those days are long gone. Now, I need to stop pigging out for my mental health. I just need to prove it to myself that I can eat like it's not my last meal. Then I think I will be able to do it again and again.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Beth ~ those cravings could be totally due to your cycle & hormones i know i have that problem. the cravings come before my cycle starts, pain in the arse...lol
Old 08-25-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Ugh. 2nd time attempting to post w/o it getting lost.

shorter version this time.

Am struggling with my kung fu journey. Three things. 1. My sifu, busy man, has not had time to review some written work, so I am in limbo in my journey to test.

Second, a fellow student tested her 2nd test, yesterday, and it was disconcerting to say the least. She did well until sparring with Sifu. After it was over she said she panicked. I don't know if she took a blow and it set it off, but she was bawling and wretching. By the end, she held her horse stance with tears streaming down her face. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about her. She reflects my fear in what I may do, except with failure. She did pass. I would be mortified to cry and throw up.

Third, I need some self-confidence when leading. I seem to be asked to lead more often now and it happens to be with similar people. This one girl negatively effects my confidence. She questions me and I lose most all memory of the warm up sequence. I think she likes to control and sees my weakness. Another fellow student had to remind her that they are to follow me b/c she just starts doing her own thing. I need strength and a method that doesn't offend her and reflects our "Wude" Tolerance, humility, honor, patience, perseverance, perfection, strength, silence, sincerity. Ugh.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

A day late and I'm posting without much to say:
I am still struggling in my world of not weighing myself, deciding what to eat, what not to eat, accepting myself as I am, not liking myself the way I am and on and on. Oh well. As soon as I get it all figured out I will write the best diet/self help book ever !

Congrats to all who had good weeks. For those of you who didn't, keep at it. I keep coming back here because there is always some encouragement to be found in these forums. Thanks for being here all of you. It does help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.