View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
davej323
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna0404 View Post
Schwans is a great idea! I am always tempted when I go to the store to buy things I don't need. I always try not to go hungry either - that will kill my diet everytime.

I have to say that I went off the diet this weekend, but not badly. I was doing so well this past week and I truly could feel the difference. I don't want to weigh myself till the end of this week, because if I didn't lose, I don't want to be bummed about it all week.

Thanks to all of your tips and comments!
I remember a statement about grocery store temptation in the very first Atkins book that I read. Doctor Atkins suggested that we try to do our grocery shopping around the edges of the store. I have followed this philosophy, and except for the occasional personal care and cleaning items, spices, and some frozen vegetables, I never need to browse the aisles of the grocery store. Most of my shopping consists of fresh meat, cheese, and produce. Not only is my shopping a lot quicker than it used to be, but I avoid all that processed temptation in the aisles.

Male, 6'0" tall, 37 y/o

Starting weight, 4/19/10 (started Atkins) = 287
6/16/10 (finished Atkins book & joined Fitday) = 261
10% by New Year challenge starting weight = 251
latest weight 10/25/10 = 241.5
10% by New Year challenge goal = 226
ultimate goal for lifetime maintenance by 4/19/11 (one year mark, 100 pounds loss) = 187
davej323 is offline   Reply With Quote