View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
doggiesnot
FitDay Member

Hi,

I've heard others mention that if you take in too few calories, your body goes into starvation mode. Meaning, less calorie intake isn't always better. In other words, maybe you're eating so little that your body is conserving all it can, because it "knows". An exact calorie count is based on your personal info, such as height/weight/exercise. 1000/day sound like too little, and that could be why you're not losing weight. It could also be that your body has no more to lose, look at your body fat count. I was told to keep your calorie balance at 500-1000 calories less consumed than burned. Any less than a 500 calorie difference, and you will only maintain, if not gain weight. But any more than a 1000 calorie difference and your body reacts in a different way. But each body is different.

I hope that helps!

EDIT: I re-read your post and you do mention 1000 calories "less than" what the body needs. Sorry! That's what I do, too! I guess one other comment is that I changed my baseline to "sedentary" which says I'm still burning 2000 calories per day. 300-400 baseline is probably too low! Even 1000 is too!
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an expert in nutrition, fitness, or exercise. Any advice given is only meant to be helpful based on what information I've gathered, and should not replace any medical treatment or any other true advice you may get from another source. Take it with a grain of salt, and then log that in your Foods tab!

Last edited by doggiesnot; 01-27-2010 at 01:43 PM.
doggiesnot is offline   Reply With Quote