View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
midwestj
FitDay Member

I use a taylor glass scale, it was the most expensive one at the store, but I'm pretty disappointed with it. The bodyfat readings are way off, and it fluctuates too much. If you weigh yourself 10 times you will only get the same number 6/10 times. I think this is a common problem with most bathroom scales anyways, because high quality scales like that at the doctors office or ones used for weigh-ins (wrestling, boxing, mma) are hundreds of dollars. So don't go out and spend too much on a really fancy one with all the bells and whistles, just get a digital scale that takes your wait, get a cloth tape measure. The tape measure will truly tell you if you are losing fat. You could also have your doctor or gym staff test your body fat % and then take another reading in a few weeks or months.

It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. ~Muhammad Ali

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures. ~Charles C. Noble
July 6th 2010: 225 lbs, 24% body fat
Nov 30th 2010: 181 lbs, 12% body fat
Dec 28th 2010: 177 lbs, 11% bf
Total weight loss 48 lbs.

Last edited by midwestj; 08-21-2010 at 02:17 AM.
midwestj is offline   Reply With Quote