View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #118 (permalink)
OtisPT
FitDay Member

Default Yes - My excuses are why...

Thanks 01gt4.6. I found and started on FitDay yesterday, after having made what seemed like an easy choice, get fit and live, or die before my time. I've recently got enganged to someone I want to spend the rest of my life with, though how long was that was gonna be given my weight? And of course ther are the health problems that can be associated with it.

So funnily enough this was the first Thread I read through, and it spoke volumes to me.

Cutting a long story short, I've immediately changed my food intake, added lots of water, and me (well g/f) decided to go to Swim Fit at the local pool last night. And at some point about 2 hours before we were supposed to go, the excuses started flying. I was "too tired", "exhausted" even, it was actually true that I was very tired (I don't get much sleep with my work being on call overnight and expected to do a full days on top). but it was still an excuse.

Then it happened, I remembered everything you'd put in the first post of this thread, all the types of excuses, and thought - I am such an idiot!

So we went. And it was hard, very hard, sometimes I thought I was gonna drown, or my heart was gonna burst outta my chest (a-la Alien), but I started to remember why it was I used to go swimming every day when I was a younger. I'm sore this morning, but not as much as I thought I'd be. I'm much happier for doing it, and am really looking forward to the next session.

We did all the weighing and measuring last night of my 'Starting' position, and tonight we take the 'Photos' (it was great to see the ones posted on here - good idea).

Big thanks 01gt4.6 and thanks to my wonderful g/f for keeping me on the straight and narrow (on day one ), and teaching me...

Rule #1 - Thou shalt NOT make excuses to avoid exercise
OtisPT is offline   Reply With Quote