Notices

Support for nurses?

Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Support for nurses?

Hi, this is my first day using this and I was wondering if there was a specific support group for nurses? I think one of the hardest thing I have to deal with is the stress from my work and my backwards schedule. If anyone can point me in the right direction please let me know. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ebbunny
Hi, this is my first day using this and I was wondering if there was a specific support group for nurses? I think one of the hardest thing I have to deal with is the stress from my work and my backwards schedule. If anyone can point me in the right direction please let me know. Thanks!
I don't know if there is one, but if not, I bet you could start one. I'm not a nurse, but I have the utmost respect for nurses. I worked a year in a hospital for an internship, and the nurses have the hardest job in the world! The hours you work, the cranky people you have to deal with (patients, family, doctors....), and trying to keep everyone happy and well. You are all amazing, and THANK YOU for the work that you do!

Hopefully, some more nurses will come along to join you. If not, I'm sure you will find support in any of the groups you might want to join. There are lots of friendly, helpful people here.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

I love this plan! I am an RN in a neonatal intensive care unit working 3 12 hour days a week, sometimes with overtime. Planning my food for the day (breakfast, lunch and a snack) is so important. As a matter of fact, I do better on the days that I work than the days that I stay home. Go figure....
Fitting in exercise on the days I work is nearly impossible, so I try and get some kind of workout in on the days off- if I can get myself motivated.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Ditto on the respect for nurses! I know a nurse who, like the previous poster mentioned, packed food/snacks for work, worked the night shift 3 nights a week like you and, before she sacked out in the morning, she would come in the gym to get her run or lifting in. Quite an inspiration to see!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ebbunny
Hello everyone! I´m new here and was a nurse (home care and community health) years ago. I don´t know if there is a support group for nurses but agree with the person who said you could start one here, Ebunny. Would like to be a part of it. Best of luck to everyone.

Hugs!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

How exactly do you start one? Just start a new thread with a title and hope people keep coming back to it? I've never done anything like that before. All I know is sometmies I need people who understand what I go through on a daily basis and the challenges it adds while trying to lose weight. I would love to start one- but I feel bad if I'm just limiting to nurses... are there speciality discussion groups?? Thanks for any help- again, I'm so new to this.[/COLOR]