View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #58 (permalink)
MeighanShaw
FitDay Member

Floatalicious, your mismatched dinner sounds quite fantastic right about now! I can't remember the last time I had an egg, oddly enough. On that note, I find myself struggling a bit to come up with low-calorie meals that are full of flavor and nutrients. Despite having a weight loss goal, I still think eating should be an enjoyable thing!

I've done a lot of bean salads lately, a quick and easy dish I'd suggest to anyone! Affordable, ridiculously easy to throw together on a whim, chock-full of fiber, protein, and nutrients. Stores well, travels well, and tastes delicious! What more do you need? I basically just chuck an assortment of rinsed canned beans (kidney, black, and garbanzo are my favorite), corn, red pepper, green pepper, red onion, avocado (though I'd omit this if you're really looking to cut back calories), cilantro, and lime juice together. Stir it all up, chill, and serve. It only takes around one cup or less to fill you up and, thanks to good ol' beans, that fullness should last you a long time. Anybody else got some speedy, tasty suggestions?
MeighanShaw is offline   Reply With Quote