View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
haganeedle06
FitDay Member

Only dairy I consume is in cheese. I have never been a dairy type eater. I was eating alot of wheat products and have quit eating wheat and my asthma has eased up.

I have the New Atkins book and the Dr. Oz book and on and on......and most all of these books go along the same story line.

Like I said, I have tried every diet I can think of, even got put on diet pills from doctor and nothing has worked like the Atkins. Let me clarify that I probably don't follow it correctly, but I drop my carb count down to where I can lose and see what my count will be.........

This has been the only diet I can stick with. I'm not a big meat eater, but love veges. I'm getting plenty full. I feel more energetic. And I have quit obsessing over food. I used to think about food 24/7 now it more like 12/7....LOL...

I know there is a lot of controversy on the Atkins. I'm not going to harm my body. The way I was going I was harming my body.
Most all my vegetables come from our own garden and we raise our own beef and pork. No chemicals have been used.

What I was eating was lots of pasta, lots of sugar. I haven't cut carbs out, I still eat them, just healthier.