Thread: Newbie!!
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
KrissyTaps
FitDay Member

Hi - I am a newbie too and doing this with my best friend as she is getting married in June and I want to look my very best for her (and myself!). I have a few concerns that are keeping me motivated - I am about to turn 30 and I know with age comes more chance of health issues. I want to be as fit and healthy as I can be to prevent or combat whatever could come my way! Also, my son will be one and half this summer and I want him to see me as an active parent - not someone who sits around all day and has no interest in the outdoors - I want us to get outside and play together! The one motivational "tool" that I am using is Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - I think the whole idea of doing something for 30 days is completely reasonable, and since I don't have to go to the gym, I know that I will carry it on for far longer. I started yesterday and almost died, but just finished day 2 and it did it no problem (I think I needed to eat closer to the workout yesterday). I am so proud of myself!! Best wishes to everyone for your weight loss and increased health success - we CAN and we WILL do this! ~ K