View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
CoeyCoey
FitDay Member

Hi Julia,

That is a good question.

When I did my first month of 100% raw food, I didn't count calories at all. I lost probably around 20 pounds, but I was in the 20's. I find that the more in shape I get, the harder it is to lose those extra pounds. I workout more and more the thinner I get, and exercise stimulates my appetite. So, if I don't count calories now, I will easily over eat. I no longer gain weight from over eating because I am so active. Even over last Christmas, I didn't gain a single pound despite eating around 4,000 calories a day. Raw vegan coconut cream pie is hard to say no to

I am down to maybe 6 or 7 pounds I would like to lose so I have a 6 pack, but every pound is harder than the previous.

I have increased my protein and fiber to try and help me shred these last few pounds. About 25-30% of the calories in protein are use in digestion, and 60%+ calories of the fiber is not digestible.

I do know many people who have lost a lot of weight on a raw food diet without counting calories. I am going a little further though, in the sense that I want to look very much in shape as I am working on becoming a personal trainer.
CoeyCoey is offline   Reply With Quote