View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
peptopinkboots
FitDay Member

Talking Whole-food vegan diet!

My husband and I started a whole-food vegan diet a couple of months ago.

We're very health-conscious, know a lot about nutrition, and had been vegetarian/flexatarians, but were having trouble dropping the last ten pounds.

Well, giving up meat and dairy cinched it for us.

We both have more energy - I've lost 9 pounds and he's lost 6, so far. We love whole foods - meaning, buy everything whole and make from scratch, but do use canned, organic beans.

I love to cook the amazing vegan recipes I've found. Its all about food combining - putting together combinations of plant foods that give you a full nine-essential amino acid complement! When that gets done, there's no cravings, no urge for snacking - the vegan diet is great for calorie dilution and consists primarily of complex carbohydrates.

My favorite vegan cookbook is "Veganomicon" by Isa Chandra Moscowitz and Terry Hope Romero. I've never cooked a recipe by them my whole family did not love (no, I'm not them and they didn't pay me to say that). I also like the Fit for Life cookbook by the Diamonds - can't live without the New York Goodwich, and everyone else in the family likes it too!

My daughter is 4 and she loves Spaghetti with Beanballs and Snobby Joes (sloppy joes made with brown lentils).

Just wanted to share my success and happiness with this diet. Its not for everyone, but our family is thriving on it. I've never had this much energy in my life!

Hugs,
Kylie
peptopinkboots is offline   Reply With Quote