Notices

Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program?

Old 07-11-2010, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program?

I saw on here that some users are posting weigh ins weekly. Id like to do the same since I am having trouble being accountable to just myself. I will be starting a weigh in for tomorrow (July 12) with Monday posts. Anyone want to join me on this 8 week journey to be better to my body? Or is there another group already beginning that someone can direct me to?

In good health- Jem
Old 07-11-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I'll weigh in with you on Mondays...but I'm not sure how motivational I will be, since I clearly can't keep MYSELF motivated let alone anybody else! lol :P
Old 07-11-2010, 05:31 AM
FitDay Member

Lets do it Jenny. What is your current diet/exercise routine? What challenges are you having?

Today I started walking I would like to move onto running since cardio will burn fat but Im not very athletic anymore. I am a 2 meal/day kinda person so my goals are to snack more healthily throughout the day as opposed to bigger meals. The problem is my husband has super high metabolism and eats big meals AND snacks. Another struggle is I like alcohol a lot. I will have to try to limit my drinking to one night/week.

What has your experience been like?
Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Oh gosh, where do I start?

Umm, I guess mainly my problem is lack of motivation/willpower. I don't mind exercising, but I kind of half-@ss it most of the time. I can't say that I'm ever like "Woo yeah, let's work out!" you know?

My hubby is the same way...skinny as a rail, eats whatever he wants and manages to lose weight (even though he doesn't need or mean to). He weighs 120 pounds, and I weigh 170 (although you wouldn't tell by looking at me - I'm pretty muscular).

All in all, I just really need to TRY harder. I do eat well, and I manage to maintain my weight, but I don't work out enough to get rid of any.

So for now, my goal is to spend more time exercising!!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

So how do you keep yourself muscular if you are half assing your workouts? Im impressed with that. I have genetics working against me. All the women in my family BLOW UP by ~100 lbs when they reach my age. What kind of workouts are you doing? I did a few calisthenics but I dont feel much resistance with these. I like to SWEAT when I work out and thats tough to do if I am just working out at home. So if you have any tips Id love to hear them.

I walked 20 min today, tomorrow I would like to do 20 min walking and 5 min of jogging.

I guess we could do our weigh in today since we are both online.

I weigh 145lbs today
My goals for this week are to lose up to 4 lbs, intake less calories, finish a painting, do at least 25 minutes of exercise daily, make my bed everyday and drink ONLY vodka, if any alcohol.

Now your turn. I am hoping other people will join us
Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

I've always just had the "athletic" body type. Throughout my life, I have always weighed qutie a bit more than I look. If you asked anybody right now, they'd think I weigh around 145. I guess I just carry my weight well?

Anywho...

My goal for this week is to work out at least 4 days (I usually do 35-40 minutes on elliptical) and to actually work HARD at it instead of just moseying along! Also, I hope to get in at least 2 sessions of weight training. I'm setting my goal low at 2 pounds for this week, so as not to be disappointed if I should fail lol
Old 07-11-2010, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Right on. Lets meet back here in a week with the results. Best of luck!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'll join with you. I'm at 189.5 right now.

Oh and are we going to weigh in starting tomorrow or NEXT monday?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Count me in

Hey, I'd love to join the fun.... Ok so it's not fun, but I along with everyone else needs help staying on track.
Accountability is a good thing!?!
I'm having the same argument withdrinking. Love my wine but sticking to vodka.
I started at 145 4 weeks ago and I've made it to 133 as of this morning. My goal is 115. The same as I was when I quit smoking after 25 years. Don't miss the smoking at all but hate the lbs around my middle and thighs!
I walk 1.5 miles every morning with the dog and I really want to get to the point where I'm running more than walking. baby steps.
I'm 5'4" and 50 years old so I'd really like to shed this before menopause sets in.
Talk at ya all in the AM. Beth W.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys,

I just started using this site yesterday! I made a profile awhile ago but never actually ended up using it. I'm 4'11" and weigh 118lbs (the higher side of my healthy bmi) and I'd like to get down to 98lbs. According to this site 94lbs is the lowest I should weigh to still be healthy.

It sounds like we're all looking to lose around the same ball park of weight, 20ish lbs? I'd love to join you on your 8 week challenge. I just joined this site yesterday. In just two days it's already really opened my eyes seeing what I'm eating and how much it needs improvement. I've never really been big the most I've weighed it 133lbs so I never considered myself to have a poor diet. But, after reading the analysis of what I've been consuming in just two days it's really SHOCKING to see what I'm putting into my body. I started walking/jogging yesterday and today. I go about 40mins. I don't have any weight training planned, but I probably should considering I really would love to have a nice flat stomach and lean arms! Let me know if you have any suggestions of what to do? I don't want to join the gym. I've done it a million times and it ends up being a waist of money for me because I never follow through with it and it does not keep me interested.

Current: 118lbs
Goal: 98lbs
Start Date: 7/10/10 - Week 1
Weight lost: 0lbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.