View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
tropicallova
FitDay Member

Default No white stuff and counting calories?

I'm new to Fitday and the forums. I keep flip flopping from one diet plan to the next and it's driving me nuts. So, I've decided to simply count calories, and stay away from white stuff.

That being said, that doesn't mean I'll be eating tons of low fat pudding cups or aspartame sweetened low fat, skim milk yogurts. My goal is to eat as wholesome as possible, using stevia as a sweetener. No one is perfect, and I don't expect myself to be - as I have my favorite snacks that I want to incorporate into my diet (popcorn, sunflower seeds, etc) and not everything will be organic (can't afford it), and not processed or packaged. Point is, I am going to try my best.

Being hypothyroid, do you think that I am being too easy on myself? Is extreme low carb (atkins) really a way to go? Is a calorie,,, really just a calorie?

Does the saying "less calories in and more calories spent equal weight loss" REALLY work?

I know that everyone is different... but in general, what do you guys think? I just dont want to be wasting my time. I need to get healthier and get some of this weight off.
tropicallova is offline   Reply With Quote