Notices

"Lifestyle Activity Level"

Old 08-04-2010, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default "Lifestyle Activity Level"

Haven't been logging any daily activities; just going with the standard "standing work" lifestyle activity level I chose, which burns 2599 calories a day. But what exactly does that include?

I work on my feet 9 hours a day (hence the "standing work" choice!), but probably walk 2 miles during that time -- is that an additional 'activity'? What about things like sleeping, driving, or normal household activities? Should I be breaking it down like that?

Because when I do, it makes a difference of like 400 calories a day, not in my favor! I can see the affect on my 'calorie balance over time' report, and it's not good! Please clarify!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

I always put in the number of hours that I sleep. You can find it easily in activities. I do a lot of walking at work, but don't "count" it. I just count the time I dedicate to exercise in my activity log.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Do you enter sleep as 8 times for like 8 hours..........

Thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default sleep

No, just find "sleeping" in the activities section. Once you select it, it defaults to "0:01" (one minute). You can then change the time to whatever's appropriate (6-7 hours is my avg). You'll notice that the time under your "lifestyle" section changes so the total always adds up to 24:00 (24 hours). I am a woman pushing 45 yrs old, and knew that the numbers I was looking at before I started doing that were too high! Now it's in the 1800-1900 cal range, and it goes up when I add in my exercise.