View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
FitDay Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 110
Default Oooh! Oooh!

After some thought, I had another idea.

If you were on medication to aid with weightloss, I'm thinking you have health insurance and that a doctor prescribed it. Could you call him and tell him you'd like to meet with a Registered Dietician, so he could make a referral and your insurance will pay?

You can find a Registered Dietician (a professional, licensed nutritionist) at They also give information about the benefits to working with an RD.

This is a person who will work closely with you to analyze what you've been doing and make sound suggestions. They teach sustainable lifestyle changes, including exercise and daily activity, not just food. This is what I'd do if I were in your shoes.

Cutting calories further each time you hit a plateau may not be reasonable or sustainable. You need something you can stick with over time.
KimmyRocks is offline   Reply With Quote