Notices

Diabetic needing to loose!!

Old 07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Diabetic needing to loose!!

Hi, my names karen, I've been a type two diabetic for almost 4 yrs now. I've also been heavy all my life so its no new news to me lol. In 4/11/10 I weighed 289lbs , on 7/30/10 i weighed in @ 254lbs. I've find it hard to stay focased, I need some buddies!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, Karen. It sounds like you are doing a terrific job! That's a lot of weight to lose. It feels good to be healthier, doesn't it? Congratulations, and well done. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Karen. I also am a type 2, only for a few months though, but it was enough to wake me up to my huge weight problem.

You will find lots of buddies here who can motivate, empathize and kick your butt when you need it.. and we all can do this because we all have been in the exact same spots and know how it feels.

Although you are welcome to post anywhere, my suggestion ( the thing that has helped me the most) is to find a title in this forum that is closest to what your goals are. I have seen from a 5 lb weight loss group up to 100 +. That way, there is the same women posting in that topic and you get to know each other a little bit and have a stronger feeling of comradarie.

Good luck in your new life walk
Old 07-31-2010, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to second what gamegal said, she and I both post on the 100 pound thread it's a good bunch. Very supportive and frequently quite quite funny.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

i'm not sure on here how to make friends and stuff. this is all knew to me.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

All you have to do is go to one of the topics and say hi, or post what you posted here. Like Almeeker said, we both post in the 100 plus catagory.

You just post and others are more than happy to welcome you into the group and help with suggestions and encouragement.

Thats all there is to it.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

I am new and needing some friends too. Please feel free to do so. I weigh 440 as of July 12th. My highest weight ever was in April of this year and I decided it is high time. I lost 40 lbs so far. I am also type two diabetic. I have my glucose under good control for the first time in a very long time. I am trying to find little exercises to help me become fit and lose. I can barely walk.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you, Maryann! Sometimes the first step is the hardest. Just keep going, and each day that passes, you will feel better and better. Health is its own reward! Well done!
Old 08-01-2010, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Start weight.............295lb 4/1/10
current weight..........252lb 8/2/10
pounds lost..............43lbs
goal weight..............185
Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Karen! Wow and here I thought I was the only one struggling with Type 2 and obesity! I am also over 55 so the slower metabolism is NOT helping. 50 years of sedentary life style, eating like a teenager was brought to a screeching halt June 2009 with my diagnosis. So far, I have taken every course available locally to learn about D2, nutrition, lifestyle change, stress release etc - my brain is overloaded with info. Yet, what I need the MOST is a friend. Moving to a new town, no friends, no family has kept me unaccountable. So, here I am - found this website yesterday morning around 3am and it has intriqued me. So, to all my other new diabetic friends on FitDay - thanks for being here first - I need all the help I can get. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.