View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Melfawn
FitDay Member

Glad to see there are some people here who actually know the truth about Atkins. Atkins is not the fat soaked, eat a pound of bacon and a dozen eggs for breakfast, diet that the misinformed and media have promoted in the past. Lioness gave a very good overview of Atkins. Our diets are not carb deficient. We're just choosy about which carbs we eat.

I've tried just about every diet out there and was unsuccessful at all of them. I was constantly hungry, headachy, tired and just plain miserable. I also had madly fluctuating blood sugar levels. About 8 years ago I lost 70 pounds on Atkins...and have kept it off. My cholesterol levels went down to normal. My blood sugar levels went from over 400 to about 100...within one month. Once my body rid itself of the carb overload, I had more energy than I knew what to do with and the foggy, constantly fatigued mental state declined.

There is no one right diet for everyone. We each of our own unique needs and it's up to us to find the right diet that works for us and that we can live with for the rest of our lives.

Melfawn is offline   Reply With Quote